Eclectus Female

Ryan Perry

Registered
Hi all! Im looking to find a reputable breeder of eclectus parrots and im struggling to find any at the moment! If you could point me in the right direction that would be brilliant, i would love to have a female red side or solomon island to call my own so any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Michael Reynolds

I have a Solomon female But I will say she is fantastic but also extremely demanding especially if she is on eggs, Giving these birds a wrong diet will slowly kill them, so please do your studies well

Michael Reynolds

yes but more veg than fruit and every thing should be washed, I keep to fresh and will only use frozen in emergencies. and even with the seed mix you use keep to a good quality mix (no sunflower or nuts), Never use vitamins or additives or buy some of the parrot treats you see and do not be tempted to give treats that are not from her normal diet. there are a lot of other things to think about when making a parrot safe home, there are many posts that are pinned to look through.

dianaT

Staff member
:welcome: Good luck in your search for the parrot you wish to have. You may also like to contact The Parrot Society UK - you can find details if you google them.

Ryan Perry

Registered
yes but more veg than fruit and every thing should be washed, I keep to fresh and will only use frozen in emergencies. and even with the seed mix you use keep to a good quality mix (no sunflower or nuts), Never use vitamins or additives or buy some of the parrot treats you see and do not be tempted to give treats that are not from her normal diet. there are a lot of other things to think about when making a parrot safe home, there are many posts that are pinned to look through.
Ok brilliant thanks for your advice, im thrououghly doing my research and making sure i have a firm understanding and knowledge before getting my eclectus, im totally new to parrots so advice is always welcome :)

karendean46

Hi,

My male eclectus is wonderful. Like my friend Michael said diets are extremely important. Fresh fruit plus fresh veg daily. Had a previous male who was a real character but unfortunately died about a month after I had him
His previous owners kept him in a dark room and diet was not what should be. Had him long enough to get terribly upset, by the time parrots show they are sick it's usually too late to save them as parrots in general hide their illnesses.
My boy pic below.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

JackAndRob

I was close to getting an Eclectus. They are wonderful birds. This website interested me http://eclectusparrot.co.uk/

I cannot vouch for the breeder, but the information on there looks quite comprehensive, particularly in the "Husbandry" and "Your New Pet" sections. A lot of effort appears to have gone into writing those pages, especially the "My first few days with you" pages, under "Your New Pet" - something that any potential new bird carer could learn a lot from (Edit: I did!).

Top Bottom