1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eclectus Female

Discussion in 'Parrot Breeders' started by Ryan Perry, May 13, 2019.

1. Ryan Perry

Ryan Perry Registered

Hi all! Im looking to find a reputable breeder of eclectus parrots and im struggling to find any at the moment! If you could point me in the right direction that would be brilliant, i would love to have a female red side or solomon island to call my own so any help would be greatly appreciated :)

2. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Hello and welcome, I think I can remember a recant post that Dave Moody has some that will be ready or weaned soon. I will try to find the post started by @DizzyBlue

3. Michael Reynolds

I know he had a male but you can contact him:-

4. Michael Reynolds

Have you ever had a Eccie before? do you know there special diet needs?

5. Ryan Perry

Ryan Perry Registered

No i have never had a parrot before, but i am doing an awful lot of research and not looking to rush into buying one either, ive read about the diets and what they like, its a companion for life :) many thanks for the contact :)

Michael Reynolds likes this.
  6. Michael Reynolds

I have a Solomon female But I will say she is fantastic but also extremely demanding especially if she is on eggs, Giving these birds a wrong diet will slowly kill them, so please do your studies well

7. Ryan Perry

Ryan Perry Registered

Im reading stuff like this that i hope is correct? :)

Attached Files:

Michael Reynolds likes this.
  8. Michael Reynolds

yes but more veg than fruit and every thing should be washed, I keep to fresh and will only use frozen in emergencies. and even with the seed mix you use keep to a good quality mix (no sunflower or nuts), Never use vitamins or additives or buy some of the parrot treats you see and do not be tempted to give treats that are not from her normal diet. there are a lot of other things to think about when making a parrot safe home, there are many posts that are pinned to look through.

9. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

:welcome: Good luck in your search for the parrot you wish to have. You may also like to contact The Parrot Society UK - you can find details if you google them.

10. Ryan Perry

Ryan Perry Registered

Thanks for your help :)

11. Ryan Perry

Ryan Perry Registered

Ok brilliant thanks for your advice, im thrououghly doing my research and making sure i have a firm understanding and knowledge before getting my eclectus, im totally new to parrots so advice is always welcome :)

12. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Ryan Perry and dianaT like this.
  13. karendean46

karendean46 Regular Member

Hi,

My male eclectus is wonderful. Like my friend Michael said diets are extremely important. Fresh fruit plus fresh veg daily. Had a previous male who was a real character but unfortunately died about a month after I had him
    His previous owners kept him in a dark room and diet was not what should be. Had him long enough to get terribly upset, by the time parrots show they are sick it's usually too late to save them as parrots in general hide their illnesses.
    My boy pic below. [​IMG]

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

14. Ryan Perry

Ryan Perry Registered

Awww thats terrible, i plan on giving mine the best possible life it can have thats not in the wild :D

15. JackAndRob

JackAndRob Regular Member Registered

I was close to getting an Eclectus. They are wonderful birds. This website interested me http://eclectusparrot.co.uk/

I cannot vouch for the breeder, but the information on there looks quite comprehensive, particularly in the "Husbandry" and "Your New Pet" sections. A lot of effort appears to have gone into writing those pages, especially the "My first few days with you" pages, under "Your New Pet" - something that any potential new bird carer could learn a lot from (Edit: I did!).