Echos' New Perch

denzarki

Just bought the poop machine a new perch, thought I'd share.

In previous posts we've discussed about how her claws are overgrown so I wanted her roost perch to be rougher to help trim them down naturally while we wait to pass our driving test (then we'll take her to an avian vet)

The green one she is sat on is her new perch and we put her old one at the same level in a right angle to it to make things more interesting for her.

732f17068490bb16ca370c9cc312703c.jpg

Another update is we've decided to leave her cage door open at all times now that her relationship has improved greatly with Connor.

This morning she flew into our room to say good morning when she knew we were awake (we close the door at night obviously)

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Nice set up! Glad she took to the new perch so quickly. :applaudit: If she spends a lot of time on it, keep an eye on the soles of her feet to check for redness or sores. :thumbsup: Ha love her new morning routine.

It's lovely to see her again, and so nice to hear that her and Connors relationship is improving so much! :biggrin:

Good to hear positive things, Georgie has a sand perch, his nails are like hypodermics and he would be the one who loves to run up my arms and across my back, will not put a foot on the perch though. Notice Echo's is green so maybe if I try a different colour instead of the bright orange...........

ive just bought 2 off amazon for my kakarikies 20 mins ago, always worked well for the greys/quakers;)

Back
Top Bottom