1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easter Sunday 21 April

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nigalius, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

Morning All...

We have some high cloud today but the forecast is for a sunny day and at times 100% sun. The wind will be moderate and S/W and I can see a fair bit of work being done outside today.

The birds are fine and certainly noisy this morning. Why they are sometimes like this I dont know, perhaps its because I was up a bit later this morning and they were only prepared to wait so long before kicking off and making sure I got up when they wanted and not when I want, haha.

I was hoping to have another day yesterday like Friday but for some reason I just could not get started. Hopefully today I can get a bit more done, I would like to lay fresh manure on the rose patch, and mow the lawn at least then its just getting more pots ready for when the veg has to be planted. I have started to compile another Tesco delivery for things that are getting short. Things like dog food where I only have 8 tins left. That will do me for 16 days (well, Frankie actually) and of course I have his dry stuff and treats plus his fresh food, then I am getting low on the coffee with caffeine in and there is a few bottles of fruit I would like to buy. I have a new under counter fridge/freezer coming by next Friday as the old one has seen better days and is going west. If I keep it it will soon be coming back east.

Have a Great Sunday Everyone, dont eat all those eggs at once and if you are not 100% dont worry, get well and Get Well Soon.

Cheers

Nigel

2. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

Morning Nigel and all who follow
    Happy easter peeps
    Sun in full glory already over here promises to be another hot one. Have already cleaned aviary and sorted the little dudes out for the day and aviary is uncovered now until the chill of autumn returns … or we get a particularly nasty spell of weather coming through and I decide I can't cope with them getting any damp or wind chill (am such a soft twit!) them lot are really as tough as old boots living out all year round but am still hyper protective with them.
    May get the scariffier out todays and get the lawn scruffed around a bit haven't done it for the last 6 or so years not even sure I remember how … hey ho
    Did my a bit of adding in the hanging baskets yesterday and now they are hung up in the front of the house decided to add a little solar light to each basket …. instead of white ones have those colour changing ones not really bright and the slowly change between colours look hmmm "kinda alright my son" and not too chav like!
    Whatever your all up to today stay safe and take care have a lovely day and anybody to so well …. huge healing thoughts blasting your way xx

3. DizzyBlue

Hmmm need to raid the toy box and give MrP a new macaw swing and some other bits to chew before he makes it though the perch he's stood on top of …. think he is doing an impression of either a beaver or a flipping woodworm!

cazimodo likes this.
  4. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

5. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Good morning all, I was awoken by a helicopter at about 2:30 this morning but I was still up until 1am so very little sleep, so I sat in the living room with Jackie JJ and Poppy on me and tried to rest, the rat I caught yesterday managed to escape before I had a chance to dispose of it so I was not happy and of course I worry about it finding its way back in to the home. At 3:15 there was a cab turned up for one of my neighbours and he was waiting for them for some time with his engine running and his car was diesel and not that quiet. I will be mowing the lawn soon and sorting the cages out that need jet washing, I hope to make the most of the warm weather today and get a few of the flock out today, it was very hot yesterday and even indoors it reached 23 degrees, flock are all extremely active with some already using there water bowls to have a bath in. I have to fix my hoover as that packed up on me earlier. I have one Easter egg rom the girl whom became disabled after being in an accident after leaving my shop I get one every year but I just cannot believe that happened seventeen years ago when she was only seven how time passes so quick. Have an eggciting day every one and I hope those in pain fill more relieved today.

6. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good morning everyone and Happy Easter.
    Another hot sunny day down here, I bet the beaches will be packed later.
    Daughter went home from hospital last night and other daughter who lives down here is coming over later for the day, so I must run the vacuum around next!
    Enjoy the day folks.

7. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe Regular Member Registered

Happy Easter everyone,
    Cooler and cloudy here today, so will give the car a wash in preparation for putting on its new french number plates next week. Chickens are on their first feed of french pellets (its taken me a little while to find organic supplies s have been bringing over their usual), and dont seem to notice the difference. Dora has been in a naughty mood and dropped pomegranate seeds into the cutlery drawer, and we will no doubt all be outside later. Enjoy your Easter treats one and all.

8. DizzyBlue

Well grass cut and edges done, final load of washing done, hanging baskets watered and so are the rest of the plants that I popped outside to make my garden more bee friendly.
    Ginger mogster is melting in the sun on top of the garage roof he will be there all day long knowing him just following the sun around and not much else he's very solar powered except perhaps coming to tell me he hasn't been fed for a month of sundays - which is a total lie!! He thinks three breakfasts is normal followed by snacking all day long and then lunch in there plus afternoonsies and then of course there's tea and multiple suppers if he can con me! He's very much shaped like a triangle these days, gone are the days of the scruffy boney dirty flea ridden cat that used to be stealing bread from bird tables and rummaging around the dustbins at night.... may have to rename him the ginger blob. I still see the other black and white male he comes every night time when its pitch black and I always make sure there is a dish of food out ready for him he too looks heaps better but has never quite settled down to being visible during daytime nor trusting humans. Can't say I blame him.
    Washed the car and sorted the recycling out.
    Just need to dive in the toy stores again and get some things out for P to destroy he's already killing his new swing … he's never been this enthusiastic before not sure what's come over him!
    Sorted out the tax return and now know why its got different figures to what I thought it would have …. had a bit of a shock when it turned out they owe me more than I thought!
    think I will start doing the pea shooting that Sunnyring mentioned so will grab some supplies for that should be able to get dried peas at local shop but have to say am having trouble getting dried snacking bananas at the moment not sure why they seem to have vanished from the supermarket shelves?!
    Will be hunting down more jobs to do today need to keep my braincell preoccupied. I won't go out anywhere today as like the black and white feral cat …. I am not a human fan - no offence intended peeps easier on the net than in person for me :)

cazimodo and dianaT like this.
  9. Heather2131

Heather2131 Guest

Safe for parrot toys or no? IMAG2354-1401x1868.jpg

10. Heather2131

Heather2131 Guest

Black bird just came hopping down our steps, he just sat and stared as us then hopped into the garden next to us, something didn't seem right but it managed to fly onto our wall, I popped some water next to it but then it flew off into the wood but down to the ground... It's arms and legs looked alright but it obviously wasn't well, poor thing

11. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Perhaps just too hot?

12. cazimodo

cazimodo Regular Member

Evening all. Another bright and sunny day here today, but I have been on the pc most of the day playing Minecraft (terrible I know ). When the gaming bug hits you just have to game, what can I say!

Finished the dog blanket I was working on. It worked out really well and was lots of fun to design. Hopefully Rosie the dog will appreciate it
    Have a lovely evening everyone.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  13. bikergirl Carol

bikergirl Carol Regular Member

afternoon all. wonderful hot day. had a very productive day yesterday. bought lots of potting compost and 6 rolls of turf.. as you do you know when you go to the shop for a little bit of food.... spent the afternoon laying the turf. we have a small patch of ground at the front that wont grow anything much but weeds . ive tried everything so gave up and am trying just grass. Oh cleaned some of the pots of weeds and i might do the rest later today. potted up some planters and my wishing well and wheelbarrow Oh made for me with old pallets. Today we have been strolling round saltholm RSPB. great place. Ive been wanting to see the sand martins for ages and they were in full flight mode today. ill try and post some video of them.
    Safe day everyone x

cazimodo likes this.
  14. Heather2131

Heather2131 Guest

I wondered that, it was very strange but it headed off into the shaded wood