East Yorkshire coastal birds

Did you get the albertross the other day?
I got a couple of pictures nothing to write home about

Did you get the albertross the other day?
I got a couple of pictures nothing to write home about
No, I didn't see it. I heard about it at work last Saturday, but presumably it had gone by Sunday when I walked to Flamborough Lighthouse.

Well I walked to the lighthouse as usual on Sunday afternoon,and then as far towards North Landing as the stack with the tyre on top. The fog had lifted so I zoomed in with my camera and looked at the cliffs ahead. I couldn't see any groups of people (it was 5.55 by then but still before everyone who wanted to watch football would have gone) so I presumed there was no sign of an albatross. I turned around and set off back and did see plenty of interesting birds and lots of seals.

He's been roosting on the cliff face amongst the gannets. Occasionally vanishes out to sea for a few hours presumably to fish for squid.
Was there 14hours ago (3pm yesterday) spotted flying around Staple Newk viewpoint just checked on RSPB Bempton Cliff twitter account no notifications as yet this morning.
@Zooamazons

He's been roosting on the cliff face amongst the gannets. Occasionally vanishes out to sea for a few hours presumably to fish for squid.
Was there 14hours ago (3pm yesterday) spotted flying around Staple Newk viewpoint just checked on RSPB Bempton Cliff twitter account no notifications as yet this morning.
@Zooamazons
Thank-you, Tasch. It'll be Sunday again before I can get up there, so hopefully it will stay around a while longer. Someone who visited the zoo on Saturday told me they had seen it at Bempton.

Back
Top Bottom