Dried bags of dandilion

Zoe220615

Hi all i have bags of dandilion etc for our rabbit lately one of the ring necks keep trying to get to it obvioulsy its safe for the rabbit but isit safe for her? I no they can eat dandilion but i have no clue about dried items so thought is ask. Ive not given her any of it but if she could have a small amount i would give her some as she really seems to want it when she sees me with te bag.

Attachments

Zoe220615

Best to see what it says on the packet as to whether it has other things added. Why not just pick and wash fresh leaves for her.
I have picked her some and she aint interested she wants whats in the packet 😂 it has 40% dandilion 30% melissa and 30% plantain.

plumsmum

I have picked her some and she aint interested she wants whats in the packet 😂 it has 40% dandilion 30% melissa and 30% plantain.
So need to know if Melissa and Plantain are safe for birds?

Melissa belongs to lemon balm family and have found it on one safe list. Plantain I think is also OK but would like someone to double check?

Try the small leaves and finely chop for her, sprinkle on top of her fresh foods. If she isn't interested guess that one of the other ingredients is attracting her?

Last edited:

Zoe220615

I don't think I'd feed hun, no knowing how much dust is incorporated, if pesticides/herbicides have been used?

Make up your own dried mixture of things you know are good hun!
Thanks i will do i just wasnt sure as it looks ok an the rabbits fine but obviously birds are very different she will have to carry on watching fun bun for now until i sort something out for her. An inof course didnt name her fun bun my daughter did. Thanks for your help.

Top Bottom