1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diy Obsession :d

Discussion in 'Parrot Entertainment' started by Nik, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Nik

Nik Regular Member Registered

Hello everyone, I've been around shops and I've been browsing the net for ideas of all sorts, So I saw something similar, but never really liked the way is done, quality etc. So why not do it myself! Decided to show you ti final product, totally over the top, of the "swing hybrid" :D where the toys are incorporated into the little chain that holds the perch! I had that swing as additional place for Rosie to perch while out, but it was borring and did not please the human eye and as well she was not as interested although i used to hang to us there too! So i think is cool how much we can do and the feeling of achievement within after that :D ;)
    For an hour me and my partner were creating this "masterpiece" and for a sec I imagine all of us sitting around having a cuppa and instead of knitting we were making toys, how much fun would that be... :) :D
    I'm gonna work now on her parrot stand, needs a bit of refurbishment!

plumsmum, TomsMum, Rain and 1 other person like this.
  2. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Brilliant, that is very nice indeed.

Nik likes this.
  3. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

that looks great I hope Rosie will love it as well

Nik likes this.
  4. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Brilliant :thumbsup:

Nik likes this.
  5. plumsmum

plumsmum Regular Member

Looove it! Did you paint the wooden blocks also? :)

Just be sure of the ceiling fixings though to avoid any accidents - some hooks can work lose over time especially into something like ceiling plaster board, going through into a joist would be better.

Nik likes this.