Dinkum Is Ill

Roz

He hasn't been himself for a few days with breathing getting worse then better again and yesterday hardly eating anything. Took him to the vet this morning. He probably has a respiratory infection. We can't discount a tumor since he has a tumor like growth on his shoulder. The vet didn't want to X-ray because of his breathing, so we are trying Baytril first and also nebulizing with F10. I covered his cage and nebulized him this afternoon much to the excitement of the other parrots:

Here's the patient:

plumsmum

Oh no, so very sorry Roz, may little Dinkum forever fly free until you meet again. God bless little one.

dianaT

Staff member
Oh Roz I am so very sorry, dear little Dinkum fly free gorgeous one xx

Kendra

Poor Dinkum, such a beautiful boy, fly to your friends at Rainbow bridge little one. XX

Roz

Thank you for all the lovely things you have said. I can't help feeling responsible as he died shortly after I gave him a dose of Baytril. How I wish I hadn't. He didn't choke or anything, but he struggled a little. When I put him in his cage, he began panting hard. Then a little later jumped to the floor of his cage. A few minutes after that he began to stumble around dragging one leg... I think he was having a stroke or heart attack. Then he stretched out both wings and I could see the life ebbing away. I lifted him off the bottom of the cage and he finished dying in my hands. The vet had already said earlier that the little ones can easily get so stressed they can die of a heart attack. Just wish I could go back in time and had not given him the Baytril.

Stinkie

Staff member
Roz please don't do that to yourself, if he couldn't even stand the treatment he had no chance of recovery. It was his time to go and he was lucky to be in comfortable surroundings and filled with love. Little birds are so delicate, and you did everything you could. Many birdies could only dream of getting the care you provide for yours, and he was clearly a happy budgie xx

Top Bottom