1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cuddles The Cockatoo

Discussion in 'Rehoming' started by ladyc, Mar 2, 2017.

1. ladyc

ladyc Regular Member

Hello, my name is Cuddles and I am a 20-year-old Umbrella cockatoo. I have recently been handed over to Yet another bird charity Parrot Refuge and am living with one of their ACO’s, Christine, who is my new “parront”.
    Life has not been easy for me as I have a severe disability to my legs and feet. It’s been said that I was dropped as a chick and broke both my legs and alternatively I was born like this. Only I know and I’m not telling! Either way I have never had any veterinary treatment. My nails had never been cut and were up to two inches long, further impeding my mobility. Unfortunately, my problems don’t stop there, I have a number of other severe health issues. My nairs (nostrils) have closed and so I struggle to breath, I am suffering from malnutrition and a prolapse.
    You may think I am beyond hope, but please don’t give up on me. I have so much love to give and I am the gentlest, sweetest bird you could ever meet. I love to be tickled and cuddled and to love and kiss you. Unlike many parrots I’m not at all fussy and will snuggle up to anyone and everyone. I just have so much love to give.
    Since I arrived in my new home I have had a bath and if I do say so myself – I look stunning – well compared to before anyway! Through no fault of my own I was a bit of a dirty, stinky mess. I am eating a healthy balanced diet as I try to put on weight. My favourite is scrambled egg with added vitamins.
    I have been taken to the vets. I have finally had my nails cut – which feels incredible! I have also had lots of tests and an x-ray. Everyone in the vets fell in love with me and three people asked to foster me. However, what I really need is medical treatment which is very expensive.
    I really need your help. I am awaiting my results, but I am going to need a number of operations to give me the chance to live a full and happy life. I would like to live another 60 years – but without the pain and problems I have had to live with for so long.
    Please, if you can spare any amount - no matter how small – I would be so grateful and the difference you will make to my life will be immense. You can follow my progress and watch how your help transforms my life.

Love Cuddles x

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited by Admin: Should anybody wish to donate then please contact LadyC via pm or alternatively The Yet another bird charity Charity.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2017
    Barlachee, charliebirdie and dianaT like this.
  2. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Now that is just heartbreaking, and made me extremely angry.

Cuddles you are adorable and thank goodness you are now in safe caring hands and will be well cared for. x

NikkiEagle and ladyc like this.
  3. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Good luck Cuddles wishing you well xx

ladyc likes this.
  4. Kerin

Kerin Regular Member

Much love to you Cuddles, you are a lovely lovely boy who deserves to have a wonderful life from now on. xx

5. BeeBee

BeeBee Regular Member

Gosh has she lived 60 years like that???

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

6. Scottw

Scottw Regular Member

She is only 20 I think she could live another 60 .

BeeBee likes this.
  7. Heather2131

Heather2131 Regular Member

Aw cuddles just appeared on my news feed on facebook!
    He/she is gorgeous, I hope she can make a full recovery and enjoy the rest of her life pain free and comfortable.

8. ladyc

ladyc Regular Member

Thank you everyone.

9. charliebirdie

charliebirdie Regular Member

Poor little soul x

ladyc likes this.
  10. karendean46

karendean46 Regular Member

So hope u pull through Cuddles

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

11. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

I must admit I cried at the sight of the photo of Cuddles and I am sure that this makes a lot of us think back to a Too we all loved with a broken back that Julie had. I am really wishing Cuddles get the treatment he deserves to go with the love he is now getting

12. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

Considering the terrible life he must have had so far he appears bright eyed, is playing and loves a cuddle, a very forgiving birdie. I think he will ve with us a while yet and hope you have had some generous donations to help with his treatment.

His legs, would an X-ray not show whether they have been broken or a genetic problem?

13. tka

tka Regular Member

That's heartbreaking - what an awful life Cuddles must have had so far. Here's hoping that the next 60 years are considerably better!

14. Laney

Laney Regular Member

@ladyc omg I'm only a year behind but was just having a look round posts and came across this ❤️
    Poor baby, I cried reading this and just want to scoop him up and give him love ❤️❤️
    How is he doing now??