Crazy wing flapping?

Lauraj

Good evening

Another post! Bo is currently on the top of his cage, holding on with his feet but stretching up with his neck and chest and flapping his wings making noise but is not flying due to the clipped wing. He looks like he is going to take off and lift his cage with him haha!
This is the second time he has done this but when he relaxes his wings seem to have dropped a bit lower and then he flaps again and whistles.

I assumed the last time he was stretching his wings so to speak but this time he has worried me a little, although i am assuming there is nothing to worry about? I have been home since 3pm and he has been out since around 4 for an hour and then went back for an hour just whilst i made tea then came back out at 6. He has not hurt himself in any way which i can see or have seen him do.

Is this him exercising his wings or is this something that should be of concern?
Thank you all!

Brilliant! Thank you.
Glad that he is doing this now i know it will help him when the time comes for him to fly. Had a bit of a newbie bird owner panic when he started because I've never seen that before haha! The lad has some power behind the wings :lol:

Mine all like to do this as well. Normally in their cages in the smallest corner they can get into. . . Makes for interesting viewing when Rocky gets Lex in the face then gets told off for it! 😂 mine aren't clipped however and do have plenty of space to fly, sometimes they like to be lazy and pretend to fly instead 😂😂

Glad that this is normal behaviour, Alfie my little bird has never done this but he has always been able to fly round the house.

Bo will soon be able to fly when his feathers grow back in as we never intend to clip him again. Thank you all for your reassurance, at first i thought that he had hurt himself and i hadn't noticed haha!!

Back
Top Bottom