Conures

Tonifrax

Agent Scully
Hi,

As some of you may have read ive been Looking into getting a new bird. Been quite set on getting a male eclectus or taking on a rescue bird however someone close by sells young conures. I was hoping for a larger bird but wondered what peoples opinions were on conures? Perhaps it would be a better option because i live in a flat.
Thanks

JackAndRob

Staff member
Conures can be very sociable, playful and friendly, but they can also be very loud.

I've mentioned it before, but if you want a small to medium sized bird that is relatively quiet, Jardines are worth looking into - vocal, but not loud. Kakarikis (another personal favourite) are beautiful birds that are not particularly noisy either. Not generally known to be hand tame, but I have handled some and they were all over me. Gorgeous, highly active birds.

Tonifrax

Agent Scully
Do you know what species of conure he is selling?
He usually sells green cheeks or mutations like pineapple etc, think ive seen him selling jendays as well in the past. He owns a large exotics pet shop out in the countryside where i live. Hes highly recommended and i know a few people who have gotten conures from him before and its all been good

Top Bottom