CONSERVATORY

Paulmk

My greys have there own built birdroom with ropes and stuff for them to play in also the cages are in the room. We are due to move to a smaller bungalow and instead of building an extension birdroom it has a 10'x8' conservatory already installed. Do any of you have your birds in a conservatory, we do have an air conditioner unit we can use in warmer weather and heaters for colder months. I will be needing to do a lot of work on the new place and hope maybe i can put off doing the birdroom for a while.

CaptainHowdy

I personally wouldn't put any bird into a conservatory. The temperatures fluctuate too much and in warmer weather it heats up exceptionally fast, colder weather will be freezing in there. Even with air con and a heater I wouldnt as it would be very difficult to keep it a more consistent temperature.

I would imagine the water and any fresh food would go off quicker in the warm weather aswell.

dianaT

Staff member
If you do use the conservatory short term make sure you have sufficient blinds, windows are secure , that is is kept at a comfortable temperature also that they will not be spooked by a large area of window.

Top Bottom