Cody

codythegrey

Cody is 14 weeks today im gonna use this thread for posting his progress and all the pics i can manage to get of him.

Trying out my new toys from auntie scarlett :)

cody1 playing 25-9-14.JPG

I think this is his favourite so far

cody2 playing 25-9-14.JPG

so funny watching him, he will step of it and start walking away then turn and make a funny duck noise and jump on it again :)

Lou

aww bless him, I look forward to watching this thread and hearing his progress, so pleased he is getting on well and happy in his new home. :)

Scarlett

Cody is so sweet, looks like the toy is a hit :)

Such a sweet little face, awww...never knew any of our lot as babies.

divegirl

The Dave Slave!
Cody is so sweet, looks like the toy is a hit :)

Such a sweet little face, awww...never knew any of our lot as babies.
You're sounding broody there Scarlett :wink:

Cody is stunning hun :)   It's so lovely when they start to explore.

Scarlett

Always liked the idea of a baby, brought up in the family, but with the flock we have a baby just wouldn`t fit 

codythegrey

:biggrin:  he's lovely and enjoying every minute were spending with him but we do have 1 concern that is scaring the hell out of me...

were trying to get him in to a routine for when he comes out. When we have to put him back into the cage he goes mental up and down the cage flying across perches to try and get back out. worried he is gonna end up hurting himself!

any tips on stopping him getting so worked up? only thing we have found that works is turning lights off but that obviously only works at night....hes out for atleast 5/6 hours a day 3 hours in the morning and 3 hours in the evening.

any help?

Ali & Obi-Obird

Obi is just the same when in his cage I have to leave the room so he chills out hopefully he will grow out of it. As I'm home all day he's out pretty much all day but I have been putting in him so he gets used to it .

Cody is lovely just like his big brother ;)

Ali :)

Last edited by a moderator:

codythegrey

He scares the life outta me we try not to let him out while he's doing it as he does it when we get home sometimes.

Bob

Bird Whisperer
Staff member
Admin
Awww how adorable!!!!!!

Maybe try putting him in the cage at regular intervals but not closing the door, hopefully then he will get more used to going in, realising he can choose to come out if he wants!!

Ali & Obi-Obird

Obi don't like being in his cage he chicken scratches In between the flinging himself from his roof in his cage . His wing and tail feathers have taken a battering .only way I can stop him is to leave the room and close the door and he then chills out. I know what you mean though I'm always worrying his going to hurt himself .

Ali :)

Bradders

Parrot Power!
Aww Cody is just gorgeous! Have not experienced what you guys have, sounds scary. Luckily for us, Ruby doesn't mind being put back in her cage, think she prefers time away from us! :)

codythegrey

Lol bob getting him back in the cage is tough also it's a case of who's the fastest to the door.he's started cheating though he's learnt I can't shut the door while my arms still in the cage. He has a strong grip lol

codythegrey

hi ann,

i think he already has lol :)

just got him out for his morning cuddles and play....straight to his new toy....he loves it!

Ann

Cheeky Monkey
With Zippy, when he was a baby, I soon learnt that if I removed his food from the cage and then returned it when I wanted him to go back, he would more or less go in straight away. Mind you, there have been many evenings, when I have had to leave him out all night but he always climbs back in for breakfast. I should add that I have a huge double cage and he sits on the top where I can't reach him :laugh:

Top Bottom