Cockatiel Lonely Housing Help

Jesse1071

Registered
Hi all,
So basically I just started a new job and won't be home much. My girlfriend loves with me and will be home when she isn't studying but my parrot Cisco doesn't share the bond he has between us. I wasn't able to get him a cockatiel buddiy but I'm still worried he is lonely. Could I purchase another bird such as a budgie who can live in another cage next door? Would the communicate? I would prefer a cockatiel but there aren't meant ads in my area. I feel sorry for him, he is tame but will only really see me in mornings and evenings. Should I get a budgie or wait for a cockatiel?
Thanks

Hiya Jesse
I think you need to have a chat with our Essie she is in your neck of the woods and could probably keep a beady eyeball out in your area in case any birds come up.
Have you tried popping the radio on low my lot love to listen to the radio and sing along :)
@sunnyring you got any suggestions? :)

@Stinkie

Hi Jesse and welcome! Are you in Plymouth? If you don't mind buying from a pet shop, they are full of cockatiels of all colours, hand or parent reared, but yes I agree, not many adoption adds unfortunately. I would agree another cockatiel would be better company than a budgie, but you won't really know until you introduce them anyway.

If you're interested I could pass you some numbers.

Hi Jesse and welcome! Are you in Plymouth? If you don't mind buying from a pet shop, they are full of cockatiels of all colours, hand or parent reared, but yes I agree, not many adoption adds unfortunately. I would agree another cockatiel would be better company than a budgie, but you won't really know until you introduce them anyway.

If you're interested I could pass you some numbers.
Hiya, as great as that sounds I am nowhere near Plymouth. I'm in the hampshire area So anywhere in or around there would be ideal. I greatly appreciate the help though. Thanks

hope you find your perfect bird. I am on the hunt too, I feel rather sorry for the lost bird I took in as he has no mate so now trawling all the local sale pages for a girlie for him.

There seems to be loads of tiels at the RSPCA looks like they have given up naming them and just registered them as numbers!

Back
Top Bottom