1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clinical Anatomy - Emphasis On The Amazon Parrot

Discussion in 'Parrot Chatter' started by DizzyBlue, May 5, 2014.

1. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

The attached link is to a document written by the vet peeps that is especially for those out there into their Amazon parrots out there, a none scary document as far as graphic piccies go you'll be pleased to hear but packed to the hilt with great info its about their body structure, internal organ layouts, which muscle does what....ok I'm a geek!!! I loved reading this and printed myself a copy off so I can double check things and mark things of specific interest to me :)

http://avianmedicine.net/content/uploads/2013/09/CAMSB-chapter4.pdf

Amazon parrots have some interesting things going on...the missing gall bladder and the missing oil preen glands to mention but a few mother nature did a wonderful job she packed them with personality, colour and mischief and added a few quirks to boot! 

K8, pepsirat, divegirl and 2 others like this.
  2. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

divegirl likes this.
  3. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Very interesting  I have saved this had a quick look through though will have to give it a good study as their is a lot to take in and will have a better look at the website later

4. Wacam

Wacam Regular Member

Very interesting. Like Michael, I need to digest the content.

Thank you.

5. kathy

kathy Regular Member

Great thanks for sharing :)

6. Wendi

Wendi Regular Member

Ooh, I love this kind of stuff (must be the nurse in me). You got anything on Eckies there?

Michael Reynolds and DizzyBlue like this.
  7. pepsirat

pepsirat Regular Member

I love biology in school and always fasanatec about anatomy.