Clicker Training

Lynn

Have decided that Bobby and I need some work instead of me expecting him to be amazingly fantastic and be the nicest bird in the world without having any reason to be so!!

So today we started clicker training.... only clicking and treating today to get him used to the fact that click means treat, he loves dried banana so am using that just now and so far it has gone well.

Been getting him to bed a little earlier the last 2 or 3 nights and after bribing him out of his cage the other day he has been coming out no problem,

Total parrot/human transformation coming right up lol

I know it's going to take time but am sure he will come on in leaps and bounds, he is a smarty pants after all lol

I'm sure something like this will only benefit the two of you, as it will give him new things to concentrate on, and you new skills in managing him.

Keep us informed how you get on with him. :)

I will Geoff :) he is so nice when he is good am sure he is just fed-up and bored so this will bring a bit more fun, learning and hopefully discipline to his life, he is worth it, there is no way am letting him go!!!

We will get things sorted out and both be the better for it.

That's the spirit, It will be good for the both of you, it will open new avenues to explore together, :)  

What a good idea. I expect that you'll find yourselves having great fun together. Careful though, I think that training might be addictive :laugh:

That's great Lynn, clicker training can give excellent results, good luck  :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone, don't know about best trained lol but a better natured bird hopefully :)

I hope it works for you Lynn. Bobby sounds the same as Jasper and even in the treats, both liking dried bananas. I might get myself a clicker next order I put it and then Jasper can train me better :biggrin:

Geoff, I think he is going to progress very quickly :)

Following a plan with him and going to take it at his speed, probably come across something that will take him a bit longer to grasp but we will deal with that when time comes.

A good bit down the list of things is... shake hands, he has been able to do that and Hi-5 for a long time, also he can do Big Wings!! am so sure this is the turning point for us both, he just needs more 1 on 1 and heaps of praise, which he absolutely loves lol  

Well done Lynn and Bobby of course,  He will stumble on some things, but it's to be expected, and more importantly keep him occupied and keep him thinking so he does not react to you how he was not long ago. I'm pleased for you both :)

Back
Top Bottom