Cleaning food bowls

Martin Dean

This is my final question I promise!!! Sorry to be asking a lot , you lot have been soo good with me!!! Thank-you!!! At the mo I'm currently pre cleaning the food bowls with poop off and then taking off the poop off with paper towels then washing the bowls by using a pet cage cleaner and washing that off 1stly in a bucket of warm water then in a bucket of cold water. What I'm asking is do I have to do the poop off stage or will it be enough just to wash the dishes with the cage cleaner and then just rinse the cage cleaner off with the warm and cold water buckets? I worry that once I've washed one pot and put it in the warm water, then the bucket with warm water will be dirty water from the 1st pot? Then by rinsing every pot from then will be rinsing in dirty water from the 1st pot and thus be wasting my time washing them?

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Just wash the bowls in your f10 premix and given it a wipe around To make sure anything stuck in is washed off then rinse and dry :)

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
You can ask as many questions as you like Martin if we can answer them as will you don't have to apologise for asking and if you forget don't worry just ask again :thumbsup:

Martin Dean

I prefer using the cage cleaner as its foamy so I can see where I've cleaned it, just wondering if I skip the pre clean will the water be classed as dirty after rinsing the 1st pot in the warm water???

JackAndRob

Staff member
We have two sets of bowls per cage, plus a few spares. One in, one out. For example, for breakfast, we fill the spare set. We remove the overnight set (food and water) and then put the filled set in the cages. It is a really quick change.

The overnight set is emptied, cleaned in regular household detergent, rinsed in warm running water, sprayed with 1/250 F10SC then left to air dry on a drying rack. Ready mixed F10 is the same as 1/250 F10SC.

Michael Reynolds

Having many bowls i just take one set out and replace them with the cleaned bowls, i normally wash with a mild fairy liquid in hot water and rinse well and let to dry. most of the bowls i use are stainless steel the plastic ones and bowls used for fresh food or sprouted food or even bird clay or tonic mixed in water that can be less easy to clean sufficiently i also spray with f10 after washing and before rinsing but always let them dry before using again. i have never used a cleaner that foams,

RoyJess

I usually remove my bowls the night before and empty the contents and fill with water and leave bowls to soak overnight.

Then first thing in the morning I do just as Michael say's

Wash using mild fairy liquid. Rinse well and rinse well again.

Top Bottom