Chorley Missing - Reunited

Kendra

My dear little Chorley has vanished this tea time. My S*****d husband and his S*****d dog came in and left the door open. I do not think this alone would have encouraged his to fly out but his dog is so silly and zooms around and over everything at top speed. I am not sure what to do, I am putting him in pet register lost thing, local facebook page but what else should I do, please ?

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
First light tomorrow you need to be out an about with his favourite toy and his breakfast … if he likes the sound of a rattling packet of crisps fine take that with you it's a whatever it takes to get his attention time. Does he have a favourite friend if he does fine pop the friend in a carrier or out into the aviary and try and get him to call

CaptainHowdy

My dear little Chorley has vanished this tea time. My S*****d husband and his S*****d dog came in and left the door open. I do not think this alone would have encouraged his to fly out but his dog is so silly and zooms around and over everything at top speed. I am not sure what to do, I am putting him in pet register lost thing, local facebook page but what else should I do, please ?
Oh no I'm so sorry :(

Have you posted it on Facebook?
The national theft pet register.
The pets located on that's posts on here.
Phone around pet shops tomorrow and let them know in case someone spots him.
If he's chipped let the microchip company know.

Do you know how long he's been out for? He will likely be roosting in a tree somewhere so it might be worth a scout about calling him if he responds to his name.

If you can link me to the Facebook post I'll share it in all the parrot groups I'm in.

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I think there are some RSPB sites in your area which means twitchers.... Birdie peeps with cameras and binoculars .... Might be worth ringing them up and asking if they will ask members to report any sightings.

I hope he's home soon! All I can suggest it's echoes of the others, social media, RSPCA, rspb, notes through neighbour's doors. Cage outside with a buddy in. He may not have flown far, possibly only to a close tree or bushes, but was scared so didn't make noise. Keeping everything crossed that you find him. :sparkle_heart:

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Just realised how close you are to Lincolnshire Wildlife Park (formerly the Parrot Zoo) if anything is going to really interest him its going to be the parrots there they used to have hundreds not sure how many remain, there are free flying parrots there as well that have gotten out of their cages live wild in the grounds. Lots of the birds there are what used to be pet birds.
Might want to give them a ring as well.
@Kendra

CaptainHowdy

Someone has mentioned that theirs got out and was found at a fishing lake. Not sure if you have anything like that near you.

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
With the crappy weather we have over this side of the country at the moment would think he's got himself into a nice sheltered tree ...... Probably sat watching you!

Kendra

Thank you all for your suggestions. I can get onto the vets, shops, zoo etc tomorrow

@Scott199, I have no idea how to link something, useless I know.

@CaptainHowdy I will find the parrot alert and post there.

He thinks Lucy is his wife, I did wonder about putting her outside but it is raining and cold, we leave the door open to the aviary and hope the terrible noises that come from the rest of the flock will keep him near. I was out yesterday calling him, but nothing. My husband has been out looking, do not wish him to call, he never bothered with Chorley and visa versa. We have several big trees in our garden and Lincolnshire is known for it water, lakes, dykes, rivers etc.

Unfortunately he is neither chipped or has a ring on, one of those things I kept meaning to get round to.

@DizzyBlue I will find the local RSPB

Chorley does not have a favourite toy now, he sort of stopped playing much when he reached 'adulthood' and all his concern and attention are on Lucy macaw, she does not like him but he ignore her grumpyness. He will be so cold and hungry now.

Could you possibly put a cover over a travel cage for Lucy, or over her actual cage? Maybe her getting a little ruffled isn't the most terrible thing if it helps, as long as it's not dangerous for her? I know you'll have probably have thought if all this! If he's hungry, there's more chance of seeing him cos he'll maybe go to a bird table, or back towards the house or aviary.

Kendra

To put Lucy's cage out it would have to be dismantled, with the door to the outside aviary open I am hoping he will hear her, the aviary is straight off the parrot room, I am sure he will be able to hear Oscar, his voice carries miles.

I have joined parrot alert, you have to wait until they allow you in I presume as it just said 'pending'. Will try paper in a day or two in case he is still near me, no houses close by except next door with no real trees.

Not sure about posters @dianaT will have to try but last time I tried my printer it says paper jammed, but there isn't, like everything is breaking down, even computer says one drive is not working.

Everything happens at once doesn't it?

Top Bottom