1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chickens In The House

Discussion in 'Non Parrot Media' started by Yellowchickenparrot, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Yellowchickenparrot

Yellowchickenparrot Regular Member

Got this lovely chap, he's so friendly and comes in the house if the door is open. Unfortunately he has to go as we do live in a built up area and although surprisingly all the neighbours like to hear the chickens and parrots he does call in the morning, well it's more like someone shouting with a bad cold. I really like him :×( 20190108_123016.jpg 20190108_123028.jpg 20190108_123206.jpg 20190108_123301.jpg

Shirley, Lou, Rain and 3 others like this.
  2. JessCheekyMia

JessCheekyMia Regular Member

I want one, he is adorable :emoji_heart_eyes:

3. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Aww if the neighbours don't mind him why not let him stay? he cannot be a loud as our RIR was - well at one time we had 2 Dennis & his son Oz !! but we are very rural.

JessCheekyMia likes this.
  4. Yellowchickenparrot

Come get him jess, free to you.

5. Yellowchickenparrot

Hes not to loud quieter than the dogs barking around here. Might try and let him stay

6. JessCheekyMia

JessCheekyMia Regular Member

I don't think @RoyJess will be happy with that lol. On the other hand I would be over the moon to have him.

Yellowchickenparrot likes this.
  7. sunnyring

sunnyring Regular Member

when I had louder cockerels I used to pick up the boy at hen locking up time and pop him in a cat carrier under the stairs- I would then release in morning at a socially acceptable hour. I have had quite a few complaints that neighbours can no longer hear cockerel now I only keep tiny (quiet) serama lol. people seem to like hearing them providing its not at 5am

8. Yellowchickenparrot

I don't let them out till about 8 and sometimes he quiet untill mud day lol

9. Parrot797

Parrot797 Regular Member

Buy a Peacock,when they complain sell it and tell them you have bought a quiet bird!

10. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Now the calls they make are loud and not pleasant, and I was going to say they should hear my Buster in full calling voice but he is more pleasant in sound than a peacock

11. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

:risas3::risas3::risas3:

12. RoyJess

RoyJess Regular Member

No, No and No! :2guns:

plumsmum likes this.
  13. Yellowchickenparrot

Go on he can be a house chicken and wear a nappie

TomsMum likes this.
  14. Shirley

Shirley Regular Member

He is kinda cute Yellowchickenparrot i can see why you like him bless , my naighbours would all go mad if we had a noisey bird hmmm hehe getting ideas here rofl .