Cereal

Oli Fry

Clayton and Grumpy like to have some human food every evening before they go to roost. Usually this consists of steamed vegetables or pasta or a bit of oily fish or other healthy fare. However last night I let them have some Weetabix with oatmilk. Unfortunately they loved it so much, I let them have rather a lot - but I know this is not really advisable. Does anyone know of a 'bird safe' cereal which I can share with them, if such a thing exists?

Dora likes to rifle through my (no sugar, no salt) muesli to find any nuts (normally leave 1 hazelnut for her but remove the rest), and likes wheat flakes dampened with soya milk. She will eat a bit of both and then (of course) throw the rest on the floor.

We all had porridge this morning mine made with milk theirs made with hot water then allowed to cool and they love it when its just luke warm sometime I add things like mushed up blueberries to give it a bit of a tang or a spoonful of orange juice - not the bottled stuff but pure fresh orange juice

I've bought some low-sugar granola from the Waitrose opposite the office, and some more oat milk. It has just struck me that I could add some of their Harrisons 'high-potency fine' pellets to it as well, for added virtue. Anything that helps them settle down nice and early is good news for me (and the rest of the street).

Its difficult to find unsweetened cereals here - the French consider breakfast cereal for children and most seem to have chocolate in them (even at Easter I cant consider eating chocolate in the morning). The Biocoop does all the ingredients loose though so easy to make up a muesli mix of choice.

Back
Top Bottom