1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't Believe It

Discussion in 'Parrot Chatter' started by barry clements, Apr 16, 2018.

1. barry clements

barry clements Regular Member

Hi everyone

Can't believe it I have spent many hours and spent pounds and pounds buying and making toys including building a play gym on top of his cage and Mr Jones has shown no interest in any of it.
    Yesterday I buy a childs toy for £1 at a car boot sterilize it hang it in his cage and he is all over it ha ha

jaspers mum and DizzyBlue like this.
  2. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

3. plumsmum

plumsmum Regular Member

Yeh that's about right, good going Mr Jones :)

4. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

:risas3:Sounds like Mr Jones is a parrot too me. :risas3:

jaspers mum likes this.
  5. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

Depends on what he understands as being a toy :)
    Keep giving him the other toys and play with them yourself to show him they are toys to be played with and trashed. there will be something somewhere that sparks his imagination and makes him feel like playing with the home made ones and then its just a thing to learn what he enjoyed most about it and work from there to develop something specific that he likes :)

jaspers mum likes this.
  6. barry clements

barry clements Regular Member

Yes he only ever played with one toy wooden blocks hanging on rope with bells at the bottom even then it was only once in a blue moon he seems to like anything that makes a noise his bell is his one constant plaything until now. This child's toys has a music box attached which he has already found how to start the music off lol

jaspers mum, TomsMum and plumsmum like this.