1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cage For A New Little Friend?

Discussion in 'Housing' started by Triss, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Triss

Triss Regular Member Registered

2. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

I have a Bourke's, she is old now well into her teens. Her cage is large, around 90w x 60d x 120h cm which she shares with an aged cockatiel, I think they are flock brds asnd do nt do well on their own.

@MichaelReynolds knows the Bourke's best

3. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I agree a large cage for Bourkes.

4. RoyJess

RoyJess Regular Member

The recommended cage sizes are only the minimum size required. All our cages are the minimum size suggested, however, our birds are only in them during the night, and birds feel more secure in a smaller cage over night or when we go out for the day, which is usually no more than once a week. Other than that, our birds are out all day. If your birds are going to spend more time in the cage than out, then you need to get the largest cage that you can fit in your home and afford as possible.

Bradders, JessCheekyMia and dianaT like this.
  5. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

I love Bourks

6. Kendra

Kendra Regular Member

7. JessCheekyMia

JessCheekyMia Regular Member

Kendra and plumsmum like this.
  8. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Bourks can be great in an aviary with budgies and tiels. and are one of the few birds that I will recommend with young children about. if they have to be in a cage try getting a long and not tall cage supply a nest box they feed from the ground and I put bowls on the floor. pick seeding grass from safe places away from chemicals and roads.

Kendra and JessCheekyMia like this.
  9. Triss

Triss Regular Member Registered

10. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Yes that would be fine :thumbsup: