1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cage Backgrounds...

Discussion in 'Housing' started by Lisa7284, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Lisa7284

Lisa7284 Regular Member

Oblivious to my pleas and begging Alfie is refusing to give up on his decorating of the wall. This parrot-Picasso thinks that if he see a wall he must create a masterpiece and cover it! So I have been looking at possible backs to his cage and came across a company which make customised laminated backs for cages. These backgrounds can have pictures of waterfalls, woods and rain forests.

Has anyone used these or have any suggestions of what I can do to stop the Green Gremlin plastering the walls!

plumsmum likes this.
  2. Stinkie

Stinkie Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I've put up a poster but I'd be interested in these laminated ones, where did you find them?

Lisa7284 likes this.
  3. Lisa7284

Lisa7284 Regular Member

They are called custom cages. They make custom cages with the option of these backgrounds. I have emailed them to ask if they just do the backgrounds and how the costs.

plumsmum likes this.
  4. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

That sounds interesting Lisa let us all know.

5. Roz

Roz Regular Member

I've ordered some shower curtains that someone kindly suggested here. Going to hang them on hooks behind each cage. They do tropical scenes too. The customised laminated backs sound interesting. Can parrots still climb the bars of the cage with the laminated back attached?

plumsmum and Lisa7284 like this.
  6. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Yes @Kerin uses shower curtains

Lisa7284 likes this.
  7. Nigalius

Nigalius Madras Regular Member

You might be able to get what you want from a good aquatic shop. I have had many tropical fish tanks in the past and had some really nice ones on many tanks... I will look on Amazon now..

Just go into 'Fish Tank Backgrounds' on Google and there is a huge choice.

Lisa7284 and plumsmum like this.
  8. plumsmum

plumsmum Regular Member Registered

Ooh this is food for thought, beetroot chop is all very well but not all over the walls. I am thinking something fixed to the wall.

Lisa7284 likes this.
  9. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

there are many things that can be used and most waterproof materials like clear plastic sheeting or even a vinyl wallpaper you can get sticky jungle prints made to cover doors that can just be placed or stuck to the wall. I will be changing the bird room as at the moment I am using dust sheets but now they are coming to an end of there life and will not take much washing along with holes that the birds have made. I have rolls of vinyl paper and a few posters from the cinema to replace the sheets later in the year

Lisa7284 likes this.
  10. Lisa7284

Lisa7284 Regular Member

Thank you for the suggestions everyone. At the moment I use a sheet to cover the back, which Alfie LOVES....to unpick and work it down his bars onto the floor! :BangHead:

Roz, DizzyBlue and dianaT like this.