CAG breeders near Milton Keynes

Razordogz

Registered
Hi I'm looking at buying a CAG baby for around £550 from a breeder around the Milton Keynes area, but it must be supplied with hatching certificate, I have previous parrot experience, I know what I'm letting myself into, I had my laptop destroyed once whilst I was having dinner and she let herself out of the cage and decided to pluck all of the keys out of it much to my horror

Michael Reynolds

Hello and welcome, you will need a Cites l DEFRA paperwork with a grey, I have not seen a grey sell for less than £800 for a few years and at the moment this lock down has restricted the amount of birds being sold.

Razordogz

Registered
OK thanks, I bought my last grey from Sylvia a breeder in Watford but didn't know about the Cites & DEFRA certificates but I'm happy to apply for them, I lost my grey aged 4 in a tragic accident in 2013 and lost my budgie this week aged 7 and the kids miss our CAG and want to get another so I think now is the right time to get another one

dianaT

Staff member
:welcome:Sorry to hear about the loss of your grey and recently your dear budgie.
You may do well to join the Parrot Society UK, for a small yearly fee you receive their monthly mag full of info and where UK breeders advertise. You can find the details via google. I hope this helps.

Razordogz

Registered
Oh OK, sorry for the misunderstanding, I can't recall getting any DEFRA certs when we got our first Grey but we got a hatching cert and was shown the parents in their nesting box on cctv at the breeders house they had several grey chicks all in a large cage feeding by themselves but all had deposits paid bar one which the CAG didn't choose the owners it was the breeder chose the CAG which was disappointing from my perspective. We didn't just go and pick up a CAG and Bob's your Uncle we had several meetings with the breeder before we decided fully to commit to taking on the responsibility of owning a CAG. I've always chosen pet birds over people for company, I'm not a people person I'd prefer a social interaction with a pet than a friend or neighbour any day, it's not fake or trash talk, you've got an honest companion having a pet bird in your company (no offence people).

Michael Reynolds

they was not classed as endangered back then they have only needed DEFRA paperwork for approximately three years now. yes I will be lost with out my feathered frinds

Terry556

Registered
Evening all back home in the shire for the weekend, working at Oxford University campus today we are building a new satellite testing station

Attachments

Razordogz

Registered
Yes certainly, I was having a chat with the wifey telling her about this group and asked her input on the RSPCA rescue birds, she is all for supporting rescue birds and we both can accept a grey with a potty mouth our previous one used to mimic me on Grand Theft Auto 4 on the Xbox 360 in a group chat then she'd tell me off for cursing then tell herself off for cursing me for cursing and as I had a turtle beach headset it caused quite an amusing evening, she was great though she'd call the kids by their names we'd say they're in bed (in a quiet tone) and she'd respond in a whisper the kids names and say I love you ni night

Top Bottom