Building Work And Paint

Beanikki

hi everyone
I posted a little while ago about having some building work done and needing to rehouse Apollo while it was going on.
Apollo has been away for 3 weeks now while the building work has been done. The decorator finished the gloss painting today. How long before I can bring Apollo back? I don’t want the paint fumes to harm him but at the same time I m having to pay for him to be looked after so the sooner I can get him back the better.
Also, will he remember me after this length of time?

Beanikki

he will remember you, i like to wait two days after paint dries
Thanks for the reply. Is that 2 days for gloss paint? I’ve opened all the doors and windows I can and will keep them open as long as possible before I collect him which I’d like to do on Wednesday evening as it fits in with my other plans.

AngieL

Registered
My friend wants to use 3 in 1 wood preserver to do his loft. His cockatiels have a bedroom upstairs for themselves. If he moves the birds downstairs Will this still be safe for the birds.

Roz

Can he close the loft off from the rest of the house and make sure the rest of the house is aired? The alternative is to use a bird safe wood preserver. I used this to preserve the wood in my aviary. The guy who I hired to re-apply it last summer was very impressed with it... although it is expensive.
It is completely natural.

plumsmum

hi everyone
I posted a little while ago about having some building work done and needing to rehouse Apollo while it was going on.
Apollo has been away for 3 weeks now while the building work has been done. The decorator finished the gloss painting today. How long before I can bring Apollo back? I don’t want the paint fumes to harm him but at the same time I m having to pay for him to be looked after so the sooner I can get him back the better.
Also, will he remember me after this length of time?
If you use water based Gloss in future this is much friendlier product in a household with birds. It still has a smell but is much less. The birds still need to be away at a safe distance. Interestingly we are finding it stays white for longer also. Tomsmum put up some good makes if you care to search her posts?

Top Bottom