Breakfast now served

Kendra

It looks lovely but I think mine would be terrified, they are scared of food bigger than a couple of cm. Will have to try it and see what happens.

JackAndRob

Fresh garden peas in the pod seem to be one of the few things that have a season. Maybe they are difficult to source overseas. It is a shame as the birds love ripping into the pods. They have to make do with fresh shelled peas.

Funny story about the mangetout. My wife is not originally British and she called them "man get out". She sometimes struggles with new words, but on this occasion there was a twinkle in her eyes, so I think she was winding me up ;)

dianaT

Staff member
Love the bit about Mangeout!
I do buy mine sugar snaps peas but of course not much in those, although Tommy the B/F chomps up the whole thing so he enjoys them.

JackAndRob

Tidymix for the budgies and AS30 for eclectus and Jardine. I believe that all the ingredients are "fit for human consumption" and they do look quite appetising, but stealing food from our birds? C'mon ;)

As for the fresh food, that's easy. I could happily munch through all the food in the bowls. We love stir fry and the veg we buy for the wok is the kind of food we buy for the birds, so we all do very well :)

Kendra

My wee ones, Burkes parakeet and a cockatiel just will not touch any seed but Trill, at the moment they are starving because I tried then on another non-Trill millet seed thingy, so I now give up. They are old so 1 will leave them to it.

Top Bottom