Brain Puzzle

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Spotted this on the internet and for the life of me cannot figure out why so many people are finding the answer so hard to figure out.
So if you like a bit of a puzzle here you are and will post the correct answer later :)

The question is what fraction is shaded?

TomsMum

Administrator
Admin
Oh for goodness sake.....are these the same people who are paying YouTube “stars” to write their course work essays?

Maybe we need to go back to teaching some fundamental arithmetic, geometry and algebra in our schools.

TomsMum

Administrator
Admin
Doh...well let’s see...it’s smaller than a half :thinking::BangHead:

Indeed......childhood spent doing origami :biggrin:

TomsMum

Administrator
Admin
We stood for 15 minutes in a queue in the bank yesterday waiting to pay in a quantity of cash. Eventually we reached young man behind the open counter. Ooh he says undoing notes from their bands, “the machine will have trouble counting those because some of them are a bit creased” .......so he proceeds to put one lot into said machine...leaving the other on the counter, I’m sure some sprightly person could have easily grabbed and ran off with same, and yes, had to re-feed bundle three times, ditto the second lot, and the third. What happened to real banks, with real cashiers, behind screens for everyone’s security, and who could count notes quickly, efficiently and correctly. Said bank also had confidential waste bin against the wall, so full that you could have grabbed paper from the feed slot, well that would have failed one of my security audits that’s for sure. I think I must be getting too old for the “modern” world.

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
ok enough of the giddiness ....
the answers are as follows:-

The triangle shaded is one third
The number is 40 (just add the numbers together and also add the number of the previous ones answer)
Tomsmum is referring to dihydrogen monoxide which is the chemical name for water
Me asking for E948 ... well that's oxygen

And yes the world has gone mad!!

Top Bottom