1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boarding In Gloucestershire

Discussion in 'Holiday Homes For Birds' started by rita1, Mar 10, 2019.

1. rita1

rita1 Regular Member

hello i have 2 very friendly caique that i need to board for a week in September, i have never left them before and i am looking for recommendations on a good boarding home for my parrots, can anyone help please. i live in Gloucestershire.

2. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

I do not live that way so I cannot help but other members will reply soon rita, how are you doing?

3. rita1

rita1 Regular Member

hello, we are all doing well thank you, i have rang one place in gloucester but they are away the same week, gutted, i can’t find anyone else. i hope i can find someone.

4. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Hello Rita, I hope you can find someone, early days yet I expect other members will be along with advice. Have you asked you vet whether they know of someone who will board.

5. rita1

rita1 Regular Member

hello, no not asked them, good idea, we have mobile vets which are brilliant, especially if you have a nervous pet who does not like all the noise at the vets.

6. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Hello @rita1

I can highly recommend professional boarders The Parrot Lodge
    https://www.theparrotlodge.co.uk/

But I know they are fully booked for September this year.......they get booked up a long way in advance.

If you are willing to travel a little further afield then I can also highly recommend Parrot Hotel in Wiltshire near Stonehenge
    http://www.parrothotel.co.uk/

They both use the same biosecurity methods and disease testing requirements, and are very knowledgeable, and both use highly recommended avian vets should there be any problems.

7. rita1

rita1 Regular Member

thank you for all this great information, i have found a possibility near us, i am going to check it out later this week.

Michael Reynolds likes this.
  8. rita1

rita1 Regular Member

thank you for all this great information, parrot lodge is fully booked, which is a shame they came across really nice people. i have found someone near me, going to check it out later.

dianaT likes this.