1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blue Headed Pionus

Discussion in 'Parrot Breeders' started by Astralhaze, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Astralhaze

Astralhaze Regular Member Registered

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and have been searching for a long while now for a Blue headed pionus. I would be most grateful for any information of any breeders or young pi's for sale. I'm in Surrey near Camberley but am willing and happy to travel to find the right parrot.
    They are so under rated and I cannot believe they are not as popular as AFG or amazons .

Thank you in advance
    Hazel x

2. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Hello and welcome I do not think they are underrated but I would agree they are hard to find. we have a few members with them there are breeders in kent and surrey but I do not have there details it may be worth contacting the parrot society and asking them. there is a parrot show normally twice a year at Lockmedow in Maidstone and the April show had two young pionus for sale. the next show has not been announced yet but it is normally held on remembrance day. Good luck

3. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

:welcome: from me too. Maybe some members will be along with advice re the Pionus. Have you tried contacting The Parrot Society they have members UK wide who advertise in their monthly mag. Good luck, let us know how you get on.

4. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

dianaT likes this.
  5. Astralhaze

Hi Michael
    Thanks for your reply.
    I am a member of the PS and have contacted them to no avail.
    The next PS sale day is 7th October 18 and then 2nd December 18 that I am aware of.
    Thank you for your help and good wishes.

6. Astralhaze

Hi Diana T, thank you for the welcome x
    I am a member of the PS and currently have an advert in the August mag looking for a B/H pi, I have also contacted the chairman, Alan Jones and Les Rance but no luck so far.
    I'm hoping someone on here who either breeds them or has one for sale will come forward. I have been looking for a long time, the reason I stopped was because a rescue sennie came my way but she has passed so I've restarted my search again.
    I will keep you posted. Fingers crossed

dianaT likes this.
  7. Astralhaze

TomsMum likes this.
  8. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Welcome...and I wish you success in finding one...they are lovely birds..and of course when you do, we shall want piccies!

Astralhaze likes this.
  9. Astralhaze

Thank you TomsMum x