Blood Results

Lesley

Had a voice mail from the vet, just saying that the blood results were fine. He said Kipp's liver enzyme measure was a bit high last year but is down now. Some of his other measures are maybe on the low side but nothing to worry about.

He is going to email the results, I'll post them when he does.

I might also ask him about the low measures and what it means or if there is anything I can do to improve them.

Both Flint and Kipp were on a seed only diet before and had high liver enzyme measures. They have both come down since being with me and eating a mixed diet, still with seed but in limited amounts.

Just shows the effect of the diet on the things we can't see!!

That is great news Lesley - would be nice to know the answers to your questions and see the results if you can post them - well done on changing their diet for the better - you are a star :thumbsup:

They both have quite low levels of some of the chemicals, I'm really keen to find out if I can do something to improve them.

No, he thought the results were fine and nothing to worry about. But I'm interested in things I might be able to do to maybe give those levels a boost.

I have a supplement the vet gave me before at home actually for when they are moulting. Forgot about it for a while. Might start them on it again, will cross reference the ingredients with the chemicals on the lab test.

I have forgoten some of the notions ALb I believe is Albumin this is a way of looking at the bloods quality to congile.  ALKP and is to do with the function of the kidney or liver but I will look up to confirm these I will check what the others stand for as i wouldnot want to tell you wrong information.

Back
Top Bottom