Blast from the past

Tonifrax

Hey everyone, hope youre all well today!

Wow.. Just came across this old video of my IRN Elmo when I still had her (say good boy in the video because I didnt know at the time and then she laid an egg for her new owner 😂)

I was like 15 at the time and she was my first bird. I miss her but she had a habit of chewing the doors and other things in my parents house which they werent too happy about and i felt like she deserved better when i was so busy studying with exams that I couldnt spend as much of my time with her. No one else really felt comfortable with letting her out. She used to bite quite a lot. Didnt mind stepping onto my arm but had a thing about hands. Loved chewing my slippers and taking a ride around the house on my feet whilst i was wearing them 😂 feel like I know so much more now than I did back then, I wish I still had her. Despite the biting she always flew to me and Id sit at my piano with her. Taught her to whistle the theme song from Indiana jones and she would do a bit of it and id finish it. She went to a lovely new home with experienced owners who had way more time to spend with her. They are great birds though and incredible smart. She was such a quick learner!

Tonifrax

I contacted her owner this morning to find out how she's doing and unfortunately she passed away at the end of last year 😞 she would have been about 8 years old, apparently she seemed absolutely fine and then they found her dead. I know she was loved, they're such a nice family, so thats at least comforting

Tonifrax

She was such a clever girl! And you know she had a great other family who loved her as much as you. :)
Yeah they were lovely, apparently she bonded really well with the womans husband and used to chill out in his hoodie pocket. They even invited me to come and see her any time that i wanted. Such genuinely nice people. Im confident that although her life was short that it was still a good one. Its such a shame for them as they took her from me after their african grey passed away 😔 i wish that i could have kept her at the time but i couldnt have found a better home for her than them.

Top Bottom