Biting.

Natasha

Hello! So Opal seems to be constantly biting. Everytime shes on me, she has to be nibbling my fingers. Or my skin. She bites my phone etc. Sometimes its not hard but other times it can be. Its more just constant nibbling then she starts applying pressure. Is there any reason shes doing this? I tell her no but it doesnt seem to defer her

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Welcome to the baby pushing the boundaries stage she's testing the waters to see how far she can go. Just like a human child your going to have show where these are what is and is not allowed.
If she nibbles I would say no gently and remove my fingers
A bite that is too hard for mine is ok naughty step and I put them on to the java tree and walk away
You will also find your little one trying to guide yo to where they want to be rather than where they should be ... the don't interact with that interact with me ... that's when my phone usually gets grabbed and thrown across the room if I am not careful.

Natasha

Welcome to the baby pushing the boundaries stage she's testing the waters to see how far she can go. Just like a human child your going to have show where these are what is and is not allowed.
If she nibbles I would say no gently and remove my fingers
A bite that is too hard for mine is ok naughty step and I put them on to the java tree and walk away
You will also find your little one trying to guide yo to where they want to be rather than where they should be ... the don't interact with that interact with me ... that's when my phone usually gets grabbed and thrown across the room if I am not careful.
Thank you. She is only 7-8 months old. She still isn't mimicking anything yet either but im assuming that will come with time. Its the nibbling and biting thats driving me mad! X

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Lol it will :) just a baby and figuring out who is boss so just gently say no and pop her down if she's getting too forceful
They love company and they do so love to be the centre of attention it seems to be the nature of BFA's they are all over you like a rash or decide to throw their teddies out the pram and ignore you :risas3:
Mimicking things will come when you least expect it be it words or sounds or combinations of both. One of my grey girls spent all day every day for about three flipping weeks saying What in different tones and volume she spammed that word to death when she first learned it now that did drive me nutty ... what? What! Whaaaaaat, wha wha whaT :nut:

Zoe220615

I have an orange winged about the same age an actually he had a fit at me the other week grabbing my lip with his foot an then biting it all happened so fast it shocked me i did just get up an walk away from him i can usually judge when hes about to act up. Seems were both hitting the naughty amazon stage 😂

Natasha

I have an orange winged about the same age an actually he had a fit at me the other week grabbing my lip with his foot an then biting it all happened so fast it shocked me i did just get up an walk away from him i can usually judge when hes about to act up. Seems were both hitting the naughty amazon stage 😂
Ive had the claw in my mouth too. But mainly when shes climbing down my face to get where she wants to be 😂

Zoe220615

Ive had the claw in my mouth too. But mainly when shes climbing down my face to get where she wants to be 😂
Lol i no where your coming from id shes like reggie they act so sweet an them bam your on the recieving end. Also he shouts at me when he wants bits in his bowl changed an hes had enough an keeps going until i do it. Hes got me wrapped round his little foot im well trained 😂

Top Bottom