1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bird Shows

Discussion in 'Parrot Chatter' started by emc, Feb 12, 2018.

1. emc

emc Registered

Hi there - newbie question.
    I keep seeing adverts for bird shows where breeders meet up. they say there is NO PET trading. Example: Staffordshire March.
    Currently, I do not have a bird ( hoping to rescue) but am interested in finding out more and seeing all the different types. Are these shows relevant to people like me ?

2. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

In my opinion yes definitely worth going, lots of info available there and folk to answer your questions too.

emc likes this.
  3. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Yes and depending on the breed you’re looking for you may find a suitable bird that can become a companion bird. @KEV H has aren’t reared birds who have become good steady birds with him

4. plumsmum

plumsmum Regular Member Registered

When my friend decided to have a baby RB2, she met the breeder at the Staffs show and then he brought a bird to her. Breeders are having to be so much more careful now who comes to their property as they are being targeted for theft. He was also able to see the set up she had done in readiness, size of cage etc, etc so also a check that their young ones are going to good homes.

Michael Reynolds and dianaT like this.
  5. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

At shows when advertised they are not allowed to advertise that they are selling birds that are not aviary. you will find many birds may of been hand reared or more suitable for the home. Any PS show they are not selling any bird as a pet but ask the breeders many of what is for sale are more used to a home than an aviary. I would always advice going and seeing the birds and the breeders.