Best Organic Budgie Food

Bug

Registered
Hi
As a soon to be first time budgie keeper can you recommend a seed mix please?
Preferably organic
Thank you

budgies are mainly grass feeders so look for one that has different types of millet in the mix but I am not certain what are organic mixes so I will tag in another budgie lover whom will recommend a mix @DizzyBlue can you advice

Sorry can't help you with an organic one I buy a good quality seed mix for my aviary gang. Generally use Haiths or Bucktons to feed them and then add to that millet on the stalk, egg food or egg biscuit, plus iodine blocks (very important for budgies) they have cuttlefish and they get fresh fruit and veggies. They get dandelions, shepherds purse, chickweed, assorted grasses, apple branches plus willow with the leaf still on. You can also feed Amaranth, barley, couscous, flax, wholegrain pastas, oat, quinoa, whole-wheat, wild-rice, whole rices, Bok-choi, broccoli and/or cauliflower leaves, cabbage leaves, collard greens, kelp, mustard leaves, seaweeds, spirulina, water cress! Heaps of fruit they like too.
I once bought a packet of Trill to see what was in it and was mortified to find it's mixed with grit in the box :( fair freaked me out.

Sorry can't help you with an organic one I buy a good quality seed mix for my aviary gang. Generally use Haiths or Bucktons to feed them and then add to that millet on the stalk, egg food or egg biscuit, plus iodine blocks (very important for budgies) they have cuttlefish and they get fresh fruit and veggies. They get dandelions, shepherds purse, chickweed, assorted grasses, apple branches plus willow with the leaf still on. You can also feed Amaranth, barley, couscous, flax, wholegrain pastas, oat, quinoa, whole-wheat, wild-rice, whole rices, Bok-choi, broccoli and/or cauliflower leaves, cabbage leaves, collard greens, kelp, mustard leaves, seaweeds, spirulina, water cress! Heaps of fruit they like too.
I once bought a packet of Trill to see what was in it and was mortified to find it's mixed with grit in the box :( fair freaked me out.
That is so helpful..thank you DizzyBlue.
No prob re organic and yes I will not be feeding Trill!! I believe in decent quality food so Budgie will be getting that! Ta x

main thing is somewhere with a nice fast turnover. I do not like little bags in pet shops that may have been there for years...
That's a really good point. Big believer in fresh as possible. Thank you

Had a look on Haiths website.
Tip Top seed mix looks like the perfect start !

Back
Top Bottom