Beryl...... Update

HEVAN01

Registered
HI all
Just a quick update on Beryl's progress at end of our first week.
We brought Beryl home last Thursday and he was a very timid parrot who had never been out of his cage.
Now we have a parrot who is a lot braver. We have managed to stroke him. Me only the once but he is very attached to my husband Steve who he has been giving lovely parrot kisses. (still goes to bite me lol) and last night he came out of his cage for the first time. Even though he has not taken to me so much (yet) I am so pleased he is attached to steve and is getting braver by the day. Photos to follow which will show what a brave and loving bird he is becoming.
IMG-20191003-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20191003-WA0000.jpg

HEVAN01

Registered
Beryl out of his cage. I have a photo of him giving Steve a kiss but can't reduce size to download onto site.

Tonya

That’s excellent! He’s tame if he’s letting you give him head scratches and stepping up. It will just take time to establish trust with you. Don’t give up, keep giving him attention, bring him nice things to eat something only you can give him. In the beginning I was the person Alex would come to for grapes and pecans. You’ve got to make him come to you.

HEVAN01

Registered
Well what a night. Beryl finally found his wings..... just went to top of his cage and off he went straight into kitchen sink lol. No injuries thank goodness but it was such a nice surprise. And then he sat on steve's shoulder nuzzling his ear. It was amazing and Steve was over the moon. Said it was best feeling ever. We thought we might of had a bit of trouble getting him back in but he just hopped off steves arm back into his cage.
BRILLIANT

Attachments

Tonya

Sounds like Beryl is settling in nicely. Alex likes to perch in the tap in the kitchen sink as well. He likes being next to water as far as I can tell and it also gives him a good view of all the food in the kitchen! 😂

Top Bottom