6.Puffin
7.Razorbill
8. ?
9.Gannet
10. Two Gannets
11.Kestral
12.Skylark

Great guessing there @Rio'sRich
Your like me … it's the LBJ's (little brown jobs) that are the nightmares.
No 5, 8 and 12 still open to guesses...…. I only know as had a birder id them for me :risas3: I can see them, I can snap a piccie of them but then spend the rest of the time sitting thinking what the feck is that! :thinking:

Thanks just wanted to share what I saw do so love watching birdies especially the wild ones the puffins were such lovely endearing little things. Couldn't quite believe it when I saw how they launch of the cliff face though … that's just bonkers!
One minute stood upright balanced on the cliff, the next tilt your body to 45 degrees and stick your wings out flapping like fury regardless of who else is in the air and there were heaps of birds in the air and push off with both feet! Talk about dare devils especially as they are such dinky birdies.
IMG_0852.JPG IMG_0853.JPG

wonderful photos. there was a trip to the cliffs going from RSPB Salthome. just think i might have seen some of your burdies.

Lovely photos, loving the puffins, you are so lucky to have seen these. I've never seen puffins in real life :D

@RoyJess the reason I went was the need to see a puffin :) had I needed to stalk the cliffs forever more to see one I probably would have done lol

Puffins are my mum's favourite bird (well see bird, king Fisher is a close 2nd for in land) so we've done a couple of trips to the Farne Islands for her birthday. One of my favourite photos I've ever taken is of her face as we got to the top of the stairs up the cliff & she saw all the puffins (as well as razorbills, guliemots, arctic terns, black head & herring gulls & even a couple of eider ducks).

Back
Top Bottom