1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Baby Black Headed Caiques. Male+female And Complete Cage Setup.

Discussion in 'For Sale and Bargain Links' started by Lee B, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Lee B

Lee B Registered

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Can't believe we have to do this but it is a bittersweet decision due to finding out my partner is pregnant which we had lost hope on and has now changed everything.
    Long term I know we can't give these lovely birds the time so would love to get them rehomed asap so not to disrupt them further.

They are such beautiful bundles of fun and just want to be with you all the time. They eat most things including Harrisons pellets.

https://theparrotclub.co.uk/communi...caique-and-finding-a-reputable-breeder.33295/

As you from see my previous thread we bought everything brand new last month which includes Rainforest Toronto cage, java stand, play stand, Rainforest travel cage, Zoomed uv lamp+stand. £100's in toys and accessories. Ideally, I would love to sell them together obviously not for breeding as 2 Caiques do so much better together.

We did buy these from a lovely breeder who really cares for his birds. At the time of bringing home the birds he took the feathers to be dna tested. Email results just came back it is male/female and he will forward DNA certificate when it arrives with hatch certificate.

If someone wants it all I can do a good deal and have them advertised on Preloved.

https://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/...l?link=/classifieds/pets/birds/all/uk/caiques

£300 each or £550 if bought together.

Will have to wait until birds are sold before I can sell the rest of the items if they don't all go together.

2. Heather2131

Heather2131 Regular Member

Are they male and female siblings?

I dont see why having a baby means getting rid of these beautiful babies. Lots of people have families and young children with parrots. I myself plan to have children one day and my caiques wont be getting sold on for that

3. Lee B

Lee B Registered

Yes, they are siblings. You might be right about some families and I understand your point.
    You know the attention Caiques need and that was fine with us before we knew about the pregnancy but we discussed it and I really don't want to do this in 1-2 years time if we can't cope with it all.
    Would rather they go to a forever home now while they are babies instead of the possibility of a upheaval later in their life.
    Don't get me wrong this is not an easy decision for us as we love them.

4. JessCheekyMia

JessCheekyMia Regular Member

That's a shame you have to part with your beautiful caiques. They can easily adjust to your new arrival. Especially as they are still young and still will be when your baby arrives. Also being a species that won't bond with one that is also a positive with keeping them. They will learn and adjust with family life.
    But this is your choice and I support that. I hope they find a forever home together as they seem settled together.

5. Lee B

Lee B Registered

Thanks Jess and we had a great response and someone has already bought them as a pair so it's nice to know they will be together.
    We went to their house today and really think it will be their forever home as they settled straight in.
    Just cage, stands and other bits to sell now.

JessCheekyMia, dianaT and sunnyring like this.
  6. sunnyring

sunnyring Regular Member

glad you have found them a nice home together. not an easy decision ever and I do get your point that it is easier for them to change home while still babies.

JessCheekyMia likes this.
  7. JessCheekyMia

JessCheekyMia Regular Member

That's great news, it sounds like a lovely home. It is lovely you got a chance to look at their new home and that shows you care very much for them.
    I for got one IMPORTANT thing Congratulations!:aaaaa:on you and your partner expecting. I hope everything goes well for you both. Keep us updated x