Baby Ammie Chatter

Michael Reynolds

I may be taking on an old boy, who is over forty years old, the lady that is currently looking after him cannot handle him and she only took him on to find a new home as the original keeper has gone into a home, I will be paying for him but I think I can give him a good life and he likes me I had not planned to take on any other birds for a while except for Ringnecks if they get offered but the lady he is with cannot handle him. he is coming to me at a cost of £150 but I expect that he will need extra care and love. I only met him two days ago but I still a little undecided but I cannot just see him not being let out. She told me he was not that tame but I was able to get him out of his cage and stroke him and scratch his neck. I have already took bloods for tests that Conner allowed me to do without complaining. I could of taken him on straight away but as I have my two baby amazons to care for I did not think the other day was the correct time so I am looking about two months time. She also has a Cuban amazon that she wants to sell but could not give me any history at all, wanting £850 for it. it is not tame at all but one for an aviary.

Last edited:
I will do
I may be taking on an old boy, who is over forty years old, the lady that is currently looking after him cannot handle him and she only took him on to find a new home as the original keeper has gone into a home, I will be paying for him but I think I can give him a good life and he likes me I had not planned to take on any other birds for a while except for Ringnecks if they get offered but the lady he is with cannot handle him. he is coming to me at a cost of £150 but I expect that he will need extra care and love. I only met him two days ago but I still a little undecided but I cannot just see him not being let out. She told me he was not that tame but I was able to get him out of his cage and stroke him and scratch his neck. I have already took bloods for tests that Conner allowed me to do without complaining. I could of taken him on straight away but as I have my two baby amazons to care for I did not think the other day was the correct time so I am looking about two months time. She also has a Cuban amazon that she wants to sell but could not give me any history at all, wanting £850 for it. it is not tame at all but one for an aviary.
Michael you have baby amazons? Have you bred them wow

Michael Reynolds

Sorry my apologies, I thought I was asked a question on do I breed macaws and later Do I breed Amazons, I did not notice it was by Charliebirdie and not the original thread maker. I thought I was within the conversation silly me for not noticing. thank you for moving the posts @DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Those of us who are Ammie bonkers need to know where to see the babies @Michael Reynolds
Just wanted to keep the other post to finding different species of birdies for that user otherwise it gets confusing.

Michael Reynolds

@Yav can you post the link to the videos you made of Fred and Gilbert as they was growing up from the time they hatched please, this is Fred and Gilbert resting together just now. I have told them it is bath day today. all I got back was a little growl from Fred IMG_0189[1].jpg

Zoe220615

Miss Marple
There beautiful are you keeping them both michael. Dont no how you do it so many birds an still go about checking on others.

Michael Reynolds

Giving time to each of them is still very important, the babies are taking up extra time at the moment but they are both showing there individuality and they are getting very independent exploring all around with Gilbert able to fly short distance he is so far advanced and even I have been amazed on how he has progressed. Fred is more cuddly and less adventurous but will try to copy his brother, only Jackie is showing slight jealousy. not taking it out on the birds but sulked for a few hours after I introduced them to her. but she soon got over it with a few walnuts and a cuddle.

Zoe220615

Miss Marple
Giving time to each of them is still very important, the babies are taking up extra time at the moment but they are both showing there individuality and they are getting very independent exploring all around with Gilbert able to fly short distance he is so far advanced and even I have been amazed on how he has progressed. Fred is more cuddly and less adventurous but will try to copy his brother, only Jackie is showing slight jealousy. not taking it out on the birds but sulked for a few hours after I introduced them to her. but she soon got over it with a few walnuts and a cuddle.
Got your hands full all sound so different ive never actually met an amazon i met my baby one at the weekend but he still had no feathers or anything. Looking forward to the journey of owning one though. Were thinking of going upto parrot world at the weekend in hopes of seeing a few different amazons.

Steve Ducks

Banned
9 videos - mainly my channel is about my pets - please like and subscribe if you wish...

The above should be a link to a playlist but I’m not sure its working properly - however should you need to you can find all my videos by going to my channel

Last edited:

Steve Ducks

Banned
What species is the 40 yo?

Top Bottom