1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Baby African Grey For Sale

Discussion in 'For Sale and Bargain Links' started by DizzyBlue, Nov 13, 2018.

1. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

Popped to the seed merchants this afternoon to get some seed for the little dude flock and saw this on their notice board
    Thought I would pop on here in case anybody is interested. No idea how long the advert has been up. Please remember to ask about Cites paperwork.
    I do not know the breeder nor the circumstances nor anything about it but thought it may be of interest to some of our members
    I know the number is incorrect as there is a digit missing from the area code there should be a 0 at the start of it.
    Area code comes up as East Yorkshire - Market Weighton / Brough
    IMG_5776.JPG

2. DizzyBlue

Can't think for the life of me remember who was recently looking so if anybody remembers please tag them :)

3. DizzyBlue

@Chigwell Ben Not sure how far away this is from you perhaps way too far but thought I would tag you anyways :)

4. Chigwell Ben

Chigwell Ben Regular Member

Thanks @DizzyBlue
    Quite a way from me. I always question the motives of someone selling such a young bird and asking for £500 too.
    Maybe I'm wrong to judge but this rubs me the wrong way

5. DizzyBlue

The fact it's in a local feed merchants and not advertised as such makes me think a local "older" breeder who isn't aware the prices have gone through the roof recently and they are now £1000 and over. It won't be a "selling on" as in got it and selling it on as its way too young and will just have been weaned.

6. Baloo

Baloo Registered

01470 dialling cose is Isle of Skye, Market Weighton is 01430 ?

7. DizzyBlue

hmmmm 01482 is the hull area code wonder if the 1470 is something else then?!

8. DizzyBlue

I must have lost a brain cell somewhere
    if you dial 1470 it releases your telephone number … it must be one of those that doesn't allow a withheld number to ring in!
    @Baloo

Baloo likes this.
  9. Baloo

Baloo Registered

Yeah that makes sense, so they don't want withheld numbers calling. Was the sign in market weighton? I just tried calling with 01430 prefix but number doesn't exist.
    I've just called with 01482, he has 2 5 month old Congas for sale at £900 each, a cock and a hen

10. DizzyBlue

It was in Hull city centre
    Best check if they are aviary birds rather than tame pet birds plus that they are either chipped or solid leg rung and have their defra / cites paperwork to enable them to be sold

11. DizzyBlue

if you mean 2.5 month old they won't be properly weaned so should not be sold but could be allowed to be reserved for sale providing paperwork is in place.

Michael Reynolds likes this.