1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avifabs-outdoor Aviary

Discussion in 'Housing' started by Jeanette, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Jeanette

Jeanette Regular Member

Evening All
    Im back after a break due to a family bereavement and have a question about an outdoor aviary. We were recommended AviFabrications. Unfortunately I have left a couple of messages now and No one has got back to me and I would really like to sort the aviary asap. Can anyone recommend a company... we are looking for an aviary to come off our patio 8ft high by 12ft by 14ft. It will only be used for daytime fun.
    Regards
    Jeanette

2. marley

marley Regular Member

Hi, I have used Rosemead for several jobs and been very happy with them.

One thing I am sure you have thought of but I will mention anyway, if the aviary is to butt up against the house remember that the patio may/should have a slight slope away from the house so you will need to make an infill for the gap where the roof will stand away from the wall, it is worth asking the manufacturer to make something to match if this is the case rather than have to do it in wood which IMO would spoil the finish.

Love to see pics when it's done!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    TomsMum and CaptainHowdy like this.
  3. Jeanette

Jeanette Regular Member

@marley That's great thank you i will give them a call and will definitely post some pics once it is finished. I hadn' thought about the slope or infill for the roof gap what's the main reason for this, I was very much going to rely on the advice from the company as got no idea my self what would be best and it will be butt up again st the rear of the house. Many thanks

TomsMum likes this.
  4. CaptainHowdy

CaptainHowdy Regular Member

I had the same issue with Avifabs and wasted a lot of time waiting for them to get back to me with a quote.

Tried Rosemead and had a reply to say they had received it and would get back to me. True to their word within days I had a quote and spoke to them plenty of times to finalise the design. Had no issues at all and was a very pleasant experience.
    Will defo be using them again when I move!

TomsMum likes this.
  5. Jeanette

Jeanette Regular Member

@CaptainHowdy thank you for responding, I am going to contact Rosemead lunchtime and get the ball rolling fingers crossed Boo Boo & Pinky will have a new outdoor play area in a matter of weeks I'll let everyone know how I get on.

6. Roz

Roz Regular Member

I Jeanette, I used Rosemead too when living in London. They were fantastic - so helpful. I also designed it so that it butted up against the house. I got a ledge/shelf made for over the back door to fill that gap. There was also a gap down one side which couldn't be filled with a proper panel so I filled it in with extra mesh - some cut offs that Rosemead kindly supplied.

[​IMG]

dianaT and TomsMum like this.
  7. Jeanette

Jeanette Regular Member

Morning Roz thank you for letting me know I've emailed Rosemead with the details and can't wait to get things sorted all the messages I've had about them have been very positive hope you and your flock are doing well I saw the recent pics of the aviary with hardwood looks fab

Roz and TomsMum like this.
  8. Roz

Roz Regular Member

Thanks, Jeanette. Can't wait to see pics of yours soon!! Rosemead will also put it together for you if you want them to.

9. Sarah-Jane

Sarah-Jane Alice in Parrotland Regular Member

I had the same problem with avi fab too.

Had Claire from Rosemead deliver and put together my aviary today and can’t recommend them enough! Highly recommend, Fantastic company x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roz, CaptainHowdy and Jeanette like this.
  10. Peter Wells

Peter Wells Regular Member

Agreed I spoke to both Avifabs and Rosemead and ended up collecting my Rosemead aviary from the Newark show a few months ago. Was better priced - fit together like a dream - and Rita and Toby love it so much that they have laid 4 eggs. Would highly recommend them for any Aviary / Cage work.

Roz, CaptainHowdy and Jeanette like this.