Aviary Mesh By The Roll

Kerin

I'm going to be making a large flight for the garden this year, so my flock can get as much sunshine and fresh air as they want. I've found a decent deal on galvanised mesh but need to confirm it would be up to the job. It's 16g which is fine for what I need, but it's the size I need to check on. Is 20mm square mesh ok? I think it works out to about 3/4 inch. it's fine for the amazons, but would it be ok for Pea my caique? Thanks :)

Thanks that's really all I needed to check. They won't be out there unsupervised in any case, but I'll make sure it's vermin proofed. I'll be part covering the roof so they have the choice of sun or shade, and will make sure to double up as much as I can to protect against predators. :) :thumbsup:

I double wire with 1/4 x 1/4 22g or 1/2 x 1/2 19g as this will keep out most vermin.Easy to do when building but very hard to do once it is built !

Thanks, I'll cost it up to double mesh then. It might take longer but I can still get it done this year... or I could make it a bit smaller. I'll make sure to think of everything I need and want it to be before building, as you say it's much harder to retro-fit rather than build it the right way in the first place :)

Back
Top Bottom