1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aviary Free To A Good Home

Discussion in 'For Sale and Bargain Links' started by MJGB - MikeJenGaryBeckyBoo, Jun 30, 2018.

1. We've got a powdercoated Weldmesh aviary free to collect from the Cheshire area if anyone would like it. It is 6ft square 3 sided as we've used some panels to upgrade our chicken run, but rather than just skip the rest, we thought someone might like it for themselves.

Could poss go against a house or shed, although bear in mind, the height of the house door may be higher than 6ft so would need a filler at the top! It's got a safety porch included.

Being 100% honest, it would need a bit of tidying up. We'd dismantle it and brush it down, but you may need to replace a few of the nuts and bolts as they're rusted.

However, as a freebie for someone as a stopgap to a newer aviary, or using the panels for something else, it's not bad! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

DizzyBlue, plumsmum, TomsMum and 3 others like this.
  2. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

How I would love it but its a bit far and I have no transport at the moment. bolts are easy to replace and a little work can get it back up to scratch (just had to laugh my phone tells me its 3,000 plus miles of course its thinking of the one in the states) this is a solid aviary and its so good of you too offer it. have you a time limit to have it removed?

3. No time limit to be honest. Ideally within the next 2-3 weeks, as our new aviary should be here then and we didn't want a garden full of cages haha. But if there is a definite interest from someone, we'll gladly store it along the side of the house once it's dismantled. It just seems a shame to scrap it if someone can use what's left!

dianaT likes this.
  4. Michael Reynolds

can I ask when apart can the panels fit on a roof rack of a car?

5. I don't think they would to be honest, the larger wall panels are 4ft x 6ft and the weight of them would be a problem. I reckon a van would be the best option. The breakdown is:
    2 x Large wall panels 4ft x 6ft
    2 x Door panels 4ft x 6ft
    4 x Small wall panels 2ft x 6ft

(I think this roof breakdown bit is correct)
    1 x Roof panel 4ft x 4ft
    2 x Roof panel 2ft x 4ft
    1 x Roof panel 2ft x 2ft

Michael Reynolds likes this.
  6. Michael Reynolds

OK my neighbour has a Volvo estate that I can get use of and they also have a long wheel base transit but I believe they took that off the road a few weeks back I am interested but need to make enquiries for transporting it I am in London tomorrow on family business till late so I will not be able to find out until Monday or Tuesday.

7. No problem! Hopefully it will work out and you can collect ok. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Just let me know next week when you find out. If you want anymore closeup photos, measurements, just ask.

Michael Reynolds likes this.
  8. Michael Reynolds

thank you I will let you know if I can make arrangement's. the photos are ok and the panel's are of good measurements that I can add too to form the L shaped aviary in my plans. I have a chap whom will be repairing the Macaws cage and he dose powder coating as well so I hope I can give it great use. well its far better than getting out twenty nine cages as I did the other day.

9. plumsmum

plumsmum Regular Member