Aviary Floor

Liam Bodden

Registered
So I’ve currently got a concrete flooring in the aviary but the only problem is there are gaps which are making it uneven and making holes, I was tempted to buy some turf but didn’t know if it would be safe, could anybody help me on a good material to use for the floor?

So I’ve currently got a concrete flooring in the aviary but the only problem is there are gaps which are making it uneven and making holes, I was tempted to buy some turf but didn’t know if it would be safe, could anybody help me on a good material to use for the floor?

When you say gaps where are they coming from? Is it concrete slabs you have down or did you pour the concrete yourself?

I would be concerned if you have gaps appearing that rodents may be able to get in and get at your birds.

My floors all have a layer of 1/4 by 1/4 inch mesh then cement poured over it and levelled off. Helps stop anything chewing through and is very easy to clean down.

If you may turf down you would still have the underlying issue of the gaps. You would also need to keep on top of working etc as there could be other pests that are attracted to the grass and soil.

Not to mention you may find it gets destroyed by inquisitive beaks ;)

Back
Top Bottom