1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avian Specific

Discussion in 'Food And Diet' started by CaptainHowdy, Apr 13, 2018.

1. CaptainHowdy

CaptainHowdy Regular Member

Wakizashi21 and Margy like this.
  2. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

3. JessCheekyMia

JessCheekyMia Regular Member

I don't live in Birmingham but I do feed my Ammies and my too on this.

4. sunnyring

sunnyring Regular Member

no, used to feed the no sunflower, no peanut one though & that was good. moved Sophie onto one containing some sunflower now though as I think she benefits from extra calories being a little nudist. it costs energy keeping warm with no feathers

DizzyBlue, marley and CaptainHowdy like this.
  5. CaptainHowdy

That's the one I normally buy. But a made an oopsie and ordered the wrong one lmao

6. JessCheekyMia

Oh I am sorry @CaptainHowdy I thought you were going to say you bought one and something is wrong with it. I panicked for a while lol.

CaptainHowdy likes this.
  7. sunnyring

sunnyring Regular Member

I do not think it would do yours any harm provided get reasonable amount of exercise. moved Sophie onto Colnels fruity parrot a while back as it avoids the peanuts & is a good price. It iss avoiding peanuts thats my obssession. I feed a lot of veg/ extras so just needed a high energy base. I do not think low sunflower is any worse then ones that contain a lot of safflower which the no sun flower always do

TomsMum and CaptainHowdy like this.
  8. CaptainHowdy

It's the peanuts I don't feed. They get some sunflower as treats.
    I clearly wasn't paying attention when I placed the order lol.

sunnyring and JessCheekyMia like this.
  9. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

I use Johnson and Jeff's lean and fit (no nut no sunflower) but as my main mix for the flock @ £25 for a 12.5 kg but I also use other mixes that allows me to give individual diets depending on the bird and its needs.

10. CaptainHowdy

Ah think I've sorted it. My friend feeds this so hopefully she's buying it so I can buy my usual lmao!!

11. CaptainHowdy

So turns out i still have these 2 bags.

Is there anyone on here that feeds this around the birmingham area?
    Looking to sell them for what I paid for them so I can order the correct food.

12. Margy

Margy Regular Member

The no sunflower one is AS30. But it still has a lot of safflower in there, as does the J & J, low sunflower.

13. CaptainHowdy

I normally order the right one but I was in the middle of a migraine when I placed the order and mistook low sunflower for no sunflower.
    Try to avoid letting Rocky at them if it's not a treat. He's a typical Amazon for scoffing them lol!

Must admit I don't use j & j after a bad experience with their seed.

Margy likes this.
  14. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Some while ago I would not use J&J owing to dusting but they have not had this problem for some time the lean and fit is a good mix that all my birds like no nuts no sun flour and I get a 12.5 sack at £25 and that is a reasonable price I think.

15. CaptainHowdy

The issue I had was the fact it does not sprout. If it doesn't sprout it isn't fresh in my book so I won't feed it.

16. Wakizashi21

Wakizashi21 Regular Member

I tens to use the As30 Mix without t sunflower seeds. They don’t eat all of it but would say about 90%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. JessCheekyMia

I got a bag of J&J when I first got Princess Mia. Never will I use it again. It was disgusting, seeds just broken and crumbled in your hand. You could tell it was not fresh. Also it said low sunflower, well it had a lot of sunflower seeds in there for a low sunflower mix. It was so dusty too. I tried As5 mix and it was so much better. I now use AS20, I do have to pick out the sunflower seeds and peanuts and then give those as treats so I can control the amount my birds get. Not much dust in the AS mixes too.

18. Margy

Margy Regular Member

My white Too's loved the As5, but I decided to cut back on the sunflower a long while ago.....try picking the big stuff out of the stuff you have...or sprouting it.