Avian Lamp Bulbs ....price Hike???

TomsMum

Administrator
Admin
it getting near bulb replacement time and I nearly fell off my stool when I saw how much the bulbs have increased in price again!

We have a ZooMed Avian Sun floor stand ( with the bendy stalk silly design) and I am looking at the Avian Sun compact bulb which are around £33 form the usual places.

Has anyone used an Arcadia lamp in the Zoo med stand? As Arcadia lamps seem slightly cheaper?????

Off to google around the reptile suppliers for avian bulbs seen one at £25.99

Shame we can’t use the US wattage bulbs you get get a pack of two on Amazon.com so cheaply! rip off Britain again!

@RoyJess cheaper to buy from the Reptile Shop rather than Scarletts as they sell the avian bulbs for £20.42 plus delivery or indeed £21.99 from Pets At Home. Did this information on another thread not so long ago... can't remember exactly which thread I posted it on though will try and find it ….

So same price as others when you add on the delivery change!

Have been discussing whether Arcadia and avian sun fit each other’s reflector fillings but apparently not, I’m told the pricing is climbing because of the £/ $ exchange rate issues caused by all the political hogwash here, which makes sense when you look at the American proxies,

Internet Reptile and the bird loft shop are cheapest I’ve found including any delivery charge.

Pets at home only have Arcadia not the ZooMed

Last edited:
LOL sorry Jude I have 5 Arcadia lights hence looking at them :buenrollo: will go look at the Zoo med ones …. I seem to think there used to be a fitment you could purchase that adapted one to the other ….. in fact at one time think I actually owned on of those....

Description
- optimal light spectrum with UV-A rays and a low proportion of UV-B
- emitted UV-A rays facilitate activity, reproduction and appetite
- flicker-free even for birds' eyes
- naturally balanced visible spectrum, with
trixie-logo-trixie-frei-0a0ea9e7_1_g.png

Trixie is a German brand specializing in accessories for pets in general, whether articles of clothing, nutritional supplements, toys, hygiene care, feeders, cages and kennels, antiparasitic, belts for all types of animals are dogs, cats, birds , rodents or reptiles, with a wide variety of accessories of all kinds with a clear mission, make more comfortable people peacefully coexist with animals in the home. Exporting and be a leader in accessories in more than 40 countries with more than 7000 references in pet accessories.

There seems to be another brand as well out there ….. not a clue who this one is by though ! Doesn't say what the uva output is and the uvb is the same as Arcadia but lower than ZooMed.

Cheapest I can find the Trixie one at is just over £12 think I am going to get a hold of one and see if it fits the holders I have. If it does stuff it am changing! Looks like they are brining out their own fitments to bolt on to cages as well.

Back
Top Bottom