1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Know .....

Discussion in 'Parrot Entertainment' started by plumsmum, Dec 2, 2017.

1. plumsmum

plumsmum Regular Member Registered

dianaT likes this.
  2. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I haven't seen these before, seems like a good idea, probably not available here in UK!

3. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

plumsmum likes this.
  4. bikergirl Carol

bikergirl Carol Regular Member

there is one on ebay from a company called Scale n beak it dosnt look very big and £42
    Dimensions
    Width 30cm (12")
    Depth 15cm (6")
    Height 25cm (10")
    Perch Length 19cm (7.5”)
    Perch Diameter 2cm (0.75")

Materials
    Acrylic, Wood, Plastic, Metal

plumsmum likes this.
  5. plumsmum

Thanks @TomsMum and @bikergirl Carol for the links both are for smaller birds unfortunately.

I showed hubby the $200+ one on the US site and he smiles and says you love that little bird! He's not wrong LOL.

Where's @Scarlett when you need her LOL?

JessCheekyMia likes this.
  6. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

7. Catalina

Catalina Regular Member

Ooh Nice idea, leave it with me, we may be able to get them in

TomsMum and Stinkie like this.
  8. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

Oooo they look interesting but wouldn't let mine have one I worry too much about windows as it is :watchout: my windows have nets on them as I worry about this lot deciding to fly farther than they should and hitting the window :yikes:

9. Yellowchickenparrot

Yellowchickenparrot Regular Member

That's a cool bit of kit, I'm guna make one!!!

10. plumsmum

@DizzyBlue have you tried taking the birds to the windows and tapping on them, letting them tap too?

@Yellowchickenparrot, good for you, please show your results.

11. DizzyBlue

My lot tap windows .... with sledge hammers! :risas3: They know it's there but when they fly as a flock in the house it can and often does get out of hand with acrobatics going on and who can do the fastest turns or out fly one of the others. I took down the wall between the living room and the dining room ... well it was a dining room now its their sleep room to ensure that they had more than enough room to exercise. Now its a large L shaped area enough room for the three grey girls and the two ammie boys to barge about in :) never really wanted to sit at a table alone anyway :biggrin:

plumsmum likes this.
  12. Parrot797

Parrot797 Regular Member

I would say that these are dangerous for many species including Cockatoo's as I believe they will splinter the plastic.

13. Roz

Roz Regular Member

I'm sure they used to have them for sale on the World Parrot Trust website, but can't see them there any more. I remember they were expensive.

plumsmum likes this.
  14. plumsmum

Yes agree @Parrot797 that some of the white 'too's would but not Plum. He's not interested if it isnt paper, wicker, sea grass, cardboard or wood.

15. DizzyBlue

Oooo good point Mike :thumbsup: