1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Had Dealings With..

Discussion in 'Pet Shops' started by Stevieb, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Stevieb

Stevieb Regular Member

Birds4u in Birmingham? ... im looking into buying an Alexandrine Hand Reared baby but am having trouble finding a breeder .. Birds4u have some bit i`d like a little info from the forum guys n gals first ..thanks in advance

2. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Hi, I think some members know of this place and I am sure they will be along to advise @TomsMum
    Have you thought of contacting the Parrot Society UK they have members UK wide.

3. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Errmmmmm....I don’t know if it is the same place as I can’t find it mentioned by name, but there was a pet store that way that a few people had issues with, as they had been sold hand-tame birds, Ringnecks I think, which were obviously not hand-tame, but aviary birds! Another was sold a bird as a youngster when it was three or four years old. But that may or may not be this place, and I notice from their website they have moved location recently anyway.

Never, ever buy a bird that you haven’t seen.

Never, ever buy a bird that has had it’s wings clipped, in order to make it appear tame, just because it cannot fly away.

Going to tag in @Barlachee to see if he knows any Alex breeders

And @Wakizashi21 to see if he has any local knowledge.

dianaT and plumsmum like this.
  4. plumsmum

plumsmum Regular Member

Go and have a good look around, ask what they feed the birds, look for enrichment in their cages as signs of people who care rather than just for money?

I know of a 4y/o male that needs a home and also a pair male and female, age u/k? These would be adoptions and from the same place that my Lou came from. Ask to PM me if interested hun.

5. Stevieb

Stevieb Regular Member

thanks for the replys, appreciated

TomsMum likes this.
  6. TomsMum

Apologies :welcome: to the forum, I should have said!

7. Stevieb

Stevieb Regular Member

thanks diana .. i am a member of the parrot society uk

8. Stevieb

Stevieb Regular Member

thank you

9. Stevieb

Stevieb Regular Member

please pm me plums, im not sure how to do it .. interwebz stuff isnt really my thing :)

plumsmum likes this.
  10. plumsmum

plumsmum Regular Member

@TomsMum is it poss to open the airways between us please? :)

Stevieb likes this.
  11. Stevieb

Stevieb Regular Member

certainly .. but im not sure how to do this?

12. TomsMum

@plumsmum

Done :)

plumsmum likes this.
  13. plumsmum

plumsmum Regular Member

Thanks hun xxx

TomsMum likes this.
  14. Stevieb

Stevieb Regular Member

thanks for the info plums

15. Wakizashi21

Wakizashi21 Regular Member

I would stay away from that website, as majority of the breeders on there advertise sweetly just to attract new bird owners. An Aviary bird gets sold as a hand tame bird with a price hike.

I personally would look into the offer from Plumsmum or would wait for a good breeder to appear on this forum.

I only say this...as its heartbreaking to spend that much money...and in return expect a frightened and aggressive bird. Take your time believe me. I will have a look around see if i can find someone who does Alexandrines. I do have Billy, but hes part of my little family now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TomsMum likes this.
  16. Stevieb

Stevieb Regular Member

thank you wak

17. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Hello and welcome. Good luck in your search