1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And Then There Was Lou .....

Discussion in 'Parrot Diaries' started by plumsmum, Jun 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. plumsmum

plumsmum Regular Member

Hi all just want to post an update :)

I have adopted a teeny tiny Goffin girlie called Lou. She came home tonight and she is 20 y/o. Not got any pics yet but will supply soon. Introductions went OK, two 'too's sussing each other LOL. She isn't loud, has this incredible cute face, makes you melt. More to follow real soon. :)

2. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

I love the Goffin and I do miss Squeaky whom I found her a loving home for the charity I work with. look forwards to hearing more.

PalBuddy, ArthurGalah and plumsmum like this.
  3. plumsmum

plumsmum Regular Member

4. Heather2131

Heather2131 Regular Member

Aw what a little fluffy sweetheart, she looks so happy

ArthurGalah and plumsmum like this.
  5. Lisa7284

Lisa7284 Regular Member

O, wow- how cute! Well done for adopting :)

6. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

She is just gorgeous and well done for giving her a good home xx

7. JessCheekyMia

JessCheekyMia Regular Member

Awww she is so sweet, she has got herself a fantastic home. Well done for taking her in. XX

8. Michael Reynolds

She look like one sweet bundle of lovely fluff I am so pleased she has found a home with you

9. plumsmum

plumsmum Regular Member

Thanks all, doing loads better than I expected but tbh there is a lot of thanks to go to the her SF Mom where she has been for 4 and a bit weeks. Certainly going to keep me busy and RB2 youngster due back for his hols again so I am going to busy LOL. Lou is I think going to be a little character, there is definitely stuff going on in that little head of hers. Thanks again everyone for all the good wishes xx

10. bikergirl Carol

bikergirl Carol Regular Member

Aww she is beautiful, need more pics please

plumsmum likes this.
  11. plumsmum

plumsmum Regular Member

Will see what I can do @bikergirl Carol. Had a large order from Scarlett's yesterday and you wanna see the state of my Kitchen! I will take more pics but there is a perch in her cage that needs swapping out ie temporary and that needs the assistance of hubby so as soon as it is perfect I will happily put some more up. I have made her a little preening corner with soft toys so I hope this will give her some comfort and offer a distraction to those feathers. Any improvement is a good thing. We had a right game getting her to her night cage and in the end it involved the travel cage to travel to the night cage with games and shenanigans at every stage but this morning I just carried her down in her night cage and she went in herself to her big cage after doing a voluntary step up :aaaaa:. Sequence of events went - step up, I'm OK, ooh head skritch that is nice, to ooh err what have I done, better get down quick! LOL. She is funny, little chicken. The night cages work well with both girlies and it goes quiet very quickly. Good job as with two cages to clean after and Lou's to adjust with additional toys, feeding pots, toys and a rope perch tea was at 10pm. I slept like a log! :biggrin:

12. Michael Reynolds

010.JPG This is Squeaky and as you can see her feather plucking was to a more advance stage. Such a lovely bird that is now in a great home being cared for and loved. I do wish you lick and my thoughts are with you on your good work you do with your birds

13. ArthurGalah

ArthurGalah Regular Member

I loved meeting Lou yesterday, what a sweet fluff ball she is. Even after such a short time with you, she was playing/destroying a toy, so she seemed really relaxed with you in her lovely big cage with lots of lovely toys. You can tell how intelligent she is and she was watching everything going on. We even managed to see her "Come on" head flick, didn't we? She will come on leaps and bounds with you K! xxxx

TomsMum, dianaT and plumsmum like this.
  14. plumsmum

plumsmum Regular Member

I've got a messy beak . . . .

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. plumsmum

plumsmum Regular Member

I ate some banana, Roo loves and ate some banana, Lou hissed at the banana but watched and then she ate some banana LOL

16. plumsmum

plumsmum Regular Member

ArthurGalah likes this.
  17. marley

marley Regular Member

Good luck and well done for taking on one of the difficult ones

plumsmum and ArthurGalah like this.
  18. Roz

Roz Regular Member

She's absolutely gorgeous!!! So cute and fluffy. Sounds like she's settling in well already.

19. Sarah-Jane

Sarah-Jane Alice in Parrotland Regular Member

She is really gorgeous! How lucky of her to have such a wonderful home with you x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. plumsmum

plumsmum Regular Member

Well it is going good, I am so gonna regret those words I know LOL. Lou went up to her night cage good as gold and when she had finished playing and in her own time came out this morning the same. She is less flighty than Roo so that is a bonus. She has made inroads to wrecking one of her toys already, she has eaten some chop etc, investigated the pellets and given hubby the come on! :biggrin: