1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazon - Happy Or Frustrated

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by Angela Cook, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Angela Cook

Angela Cook Regular Member Registered

Hi we have had our orange wing amazon Eden for a couple of weeks & she is fab but I have a question when she sees my hubby she starts to throw her head over her back side to side, fluffs up and squeaks at first I thought she had a itch but now wondering its her way of expressing frustration?

2. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

She looks a youngster from the photo in your avatar? Was the breeder a man?

3. Angela Cook

Yes she was hand reared by a man and is about 16wks, do you think its some sort of begging behaviour

4. TomsMum

I reckon so...Chiko was a bit like that when he first came home!

Angela Cook likes this.
  5. Angela Cook

She can't be hungry she's a complete gannet lol assuming chiko grew out of it?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

6. TomsMum

Yes...keep a routine going and they will soon get used to it......make sure your ammie gets lots of veg and fruit, especially those high in Vitamin A /Beta-carotene ....if you start when they are young, they'll more readily accept things.

Angela Cook likes this.
  7. Angela Cook

Yes she loves apple and red peppers, banana peach green and red chilli also had a little grated carrot and water cress alongside her seed mix and a few raisins/blueberries for a treat. Will continue trying new things a couple of times a week :) hoping that covers it - funnily through its me that does her food but she's begging from hubby lol

Kerin, TomsMum and dianaT like this.
  8. Parrot797

Parrot797 Regular Member

He/she is begging for food.

Angela Cook likes this.
  9. Kerin

Kerin Regular Member

She's lovely, and obviously trying to get fed by your hubbie. Try her on peas of all types my lot love them, and if you can get her eating some greens now that will save problems in the future. You're obviously doing well with her, she looks very much at home already :biggrin: :thumbsup:

Angela Cook likes this.
  10. Angela Cook

:) Thanks - didn't think of peas lol - tried sweetcorn on cob & she enjoyed destroying it but didn't eat any

11. Kerin

Kerin Regular Member

I always have bags of peas and sweetcorn in the freezer, they are the only veg mine will eat that's been frozen! it takes about 30 seconds to defrost in a bit of hot water, so they're very useful to add to their other fresh foods :)

Angela Cook and TomsMum like this.
  12. Angela Cook

Going to try it for brekkie tomorrow she's really enjoyed some melon this morning :)

dianaT likes this.