1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aluminium

Discussion in 'Home and Environmental Hazards' started by Rockerman 65, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Rockerman 65

Rockerman 65 Regular Member

Hi all my friend just give me 2 aluminium Bakeing trays. I was wondering if aluminium cookware. Safe to use with my ringneck. Thanks in advance

2. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Yes it one of the best materials to use with our feathered friends

3. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

As long as it's Teflon free should be fine
    You are talking about proper metal ones aren't you not those ones that are flimsy pie like dishes? Anyways no matter as both are safe

4. DizzyBlue

@TomsMum your thoughts please just in case?

5. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

I am in the aluminium is safe camp...although you will find some people in A Erica who it, and foil aren’t.....I believe ceramic coatings are safe, again there are those who don’t but no proof.

Anything with fluorine based chemicals in such PTFE polytetrafluoroethylne in (most commonly branded Teflon but there are others) along with PFOA Perfluoroocatanoic Acid, used to attach many non-stick coatings are not safe....so always check that it says PTFE and PFOA free.

One of the worse things you can use are the no -stick liners for oven shelves and edges....these are PTFE and easily overheat...do not use them in your ovens ever.

All cookware comes with instructions about the maximum temperature you should use it at....look at this carefully and follow the guidance.
    All things burn and release vapour if you heat them high enough.

Don’t buy cheap silicon cookware, the fillers use show up as white specks.

Another issue is non-stick foil, and cooking bags, I use the Lakeland wrap and roast...again I believe this safe following the instructions with max temp.

DizzyBlue and Rain like this.
  6. Rockerman 65

Rockerman 65 Regular Member

Thank you for your advice. The trays are years old and is silver in colour all round .

7. Yellowchickenparrot

Yellowchickenparrot Regular Member

Tom's mum your such a geek, your like an online parrot Oracle

DizzyBlue and TomsMum like this.
  8. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

:risas3:

The kitchen supplier bloke couldn’t understand why I was specifying the oven without pyrolytic self cleaning function :BangHead:

9. DizzyBlue

:risas3::risas3::risas3: