Air conditioning

gazzington

Hi
I’m just wondering if anyone knows of a safe air conditioning unit that I could buy to use in our house with an Amazon parrot. It’s supposed to get hot soon and gets unbearable as we live on the top floor of a building.
i also do IT work from home do need something to keep me and lupin a bit cooler!
Please send me links to safe items
Many thanks
Gary

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Could just try an air purifier unit with a bowl of water in front of it or a desk an (with a safety guard on it naturally also with a bowl of water in front of it, I know it works as when I was working on the motorways inside steel office containers winter freeing it was flipping freezing and summer even a little warmth was flipping melting.

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
You can also purchase an air purifier combo humidifier unit
I have one I purchased it second hand a couple of years ago as had never seen one before
Can have it on purification only or humidifier and purification working together.
Basically a large material belt slowly travels through a water container (that you fill I usually also add F10 to it) then the belt goes up and in front of the exit fan area and the water is evaporate into the air cooling it as well as sucking in any dust at the back.....
Just make sure you look at humidifier and not dehumidifier if you have a look.
Open your curtains blinds at night and allow as much air flow as possible (after birdies is in bed and not coming out anymore, then first thing in the morning close the curtains / blinds (and windows if little one is out) it will stop a lot of the heat. If you want windows open all day then fit secure metal mesh grills that little one cannot get through plus it will stop any insects coming in if its fine enough

Hi, I don't know of an air conditioning unit, we just use a Meaco humidifier/purifier combo and extra fan if necessary. Keep the room shaded is an obvious thing also I guess. The other thing also is that an AC unit might make the room too cold perhaps? I'd personally just try googling "bird safe air conditioning" and go from there. You may get product names that yout can start to research further, or perhaps contact the company about. Sorry I can't be more specific! Good luck.

Top Bottom